Saturday, October 19, 2013

What's the probability of our future children having red hair?

red hair kids
 on Hello, again. So still in class. Not paying attention...
red hair kids image
Q. My husband and I are planning on having kids in about a year or so, but like most future parents, I'm curious what they will look like. As of now, my husband has a brownish-auburn color of hair, and my hair is light brown. His father has red hair, and me and my cousin were born with strawberry blond hair. What's the chance of our kids having red hair? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having cute little red heads. I just want to know if it's likely we'll have red heads.


Answer
Soo....

Br x B2r????

uhhh, let's see...

B r
B2 B2B B2r
r Br rr

What are my chances of having a kid with red hair?




Mommy sinc


My dad has black hair with like a strawberry blonde (now w/gray lol) beard.
I have strawberry blonde hair. a little more red.
That is it with the red in the family.
My b/f has black hair, dark brown eyes.
Me, strawberry blonde hair, greenish bluish gray eyes.
more green.
What are my chances my kid will have red hair.



Answer
This is a great question for a biology teacher. First of all, does your bf have red hair on his side of the family? My parents both have dark brown hair and I have red hair. My father has a great aunt with red hair, and my other had a grandmother with red hair. My parents both had a big B (dominant trait for brown hair), and a little r (recessive for red hair). In their case there was a 1 in 4 chance of having a red head child with each child they had. Since I have red hair that means I have two little r's. I married a guy with dark brown hair (but has some red in his beard) and we have three kids. None of those kids has red hair, even though they have strong red highlights. I do not believe my husband has the recessive gene for red hair. We do not know of any red heads in his family. If you have the recessive for red hair and he does not then you wont have any kids with red hair. They will be like mine, red tint. But they will have the recessive gene from you, and if they married a person with the gene then they could have kids with red hair. However, even if your bf has the recessive gene, that doesn't guarantee you will have a red headed baby. It's a 25% chance with each child you have.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the probability of our future children having red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment