Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hair color correction advice?




Muse


I wanted to add that on Night 2 (last night) when I 'bleached', I did a long deep-condition afterwards and conditioned again today. My hair feels like all I did was re-dye it. It does not feel like 'straw' or anything so I'm not afraid to put another layer of color on it.
I have shoulder length hair that was dyed black. My natural color is a medium blonde. At this point I'm an at-home mom of 2 so I can't afford to go to a salon and would have to pay $12-15 per hour for childcare for the day. It's a bit impossible.

I got advice from 2 different people - one at Sally's and one from the local cosmetologist/hair dresser. Both said the same thing and it seemed like sound advice that made sense. The suggestion was to use a hair color remover and then a bleach. The result would most likely bring me down to an orange hue and at that point I should use a medium ash blonde over it to reduce the orange/brassiness and would be left with a dark blonde.

Night one, used the color corrector. It brought me down to auburn. Deep conditioned.

Night two, used the 'bleach'. It brought me down to a lighter orangy-auburn but closer to the root area turned yellow (I'm assuming because it had fewer applications towards the top).

I expected it to this point.

I decided to do a strand test for the final step - using a full-length strip of hair from the back. I expected a more neutralized dark blonde. I ended up with a very grey, mousy dark blonde to light brown and towards the roots are the same with a bit of a green tinge.

I'm obviously not going to use the medium ash blonde on my whole head but now what? That seems to be the general suggestion: to use an ash blonde to get rid of the orange/warm tones.

What I don't want: black, grey or green hair.

I wouldn't mind: any variation of blonde or brown. I would even keep an auburn, copper or strawberry shade.

So... how do I get a color that resembles anything normal? I can either (a) color the orangy hair first then color closer to the roots with less time, if necessary, or (b) do an all-over color application at the same time. I don't even care about the gradiated look. My husband actually likes it - if it were a bit more 'normal'. :)



Answer
Stay away from any ash colors. I have done hair for 16years and never use ash colors and never had undesired color results. I would suggest using a color that is a natural blonde or natural brown. They have a different base color and will have a more predictable result. The other colors you mentioned will only add more red and/or orange tones to what you already have. I would do a test strand from scalp to ends for the full time. If ends grab, then apply to scalp first, if scalp grabs more then apply to ends first. Good luck!

what exactly is a hair color correction?




....beauti


I dyed my hair black and i love it but im bored i want a lighter shade. does color correction take you back to your original color?


Answer
A color correction can be classified as so many things! Probably the hardest Colors to get out are black and red. Especially if those colors are achieved with a box color. In your case I would assume your stylist can either use a color remover on your hair and that would just strip out all the artificial color in your hair and start over or depending on your hairs integrity maybe you guys can work up to a lighter color by highlighting and toner your hair. Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hair color correction advice?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment