Saturday, November 9, 2013

Were there any Irish immigration to El Salvador?

red hair recessive
 on Actresses With Red Hair Over 50
red hair recessive image



Philo


Or any other north western European Immigrants.

I have red hair, my mother is from El Salvador, but does not have red hair and neither does my grandmother from that side.

My father is Irish and ginger, but red hair is recessive, and must be passed from both parents.

My mother and grandmother both look the stereotypical Indigenous and Spanish mix "mestizo".



Answer
I have this same question. We live near the pueblo of Agua Caliente, in the Chalatenango department of El Salvador. Every time I go I see more people with red hair than I do in other parts of El Salvador. Was there an Irish immigration wave that came to El Salvador? Or perhaps some people of European ancestry with a lot of red hair in their genetics that showed up here? I think you need to do more digging - what about your grandfather, or your other grandparents on your mom's side? I have done Google searches in English and Spanish and don't come up with any information - unfortunately. But there have to be people here in El Salvador who know. Hey, maybe ask the question in Spanish!

What happens in two recessive genes go against each other?




&&&&


like say if someone had light blonde hair and had a kid with someone who had light red hair. They are both recessive genes so which one wins?
Will their kid come out with a mixture of both? Like a lighter red or a strawberry blonde?
Or will it be 50/50?
If they have more than 1 kid could one come out with all red, and the other all blonde?

What about eye color? Blue vs green; which one wins?



Answer
Blanche,
human hair color, and human eye color are both Polygenic traits. This means that they are controlled by more than one gene. Neither is recessive

Think of hair color and eye color (and skin color for that matter) as a long range of values. Their distribution would look like a bell-shaped curve.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Were there any Irish immigration to El Salvador?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment