Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why do redheads have such yellow teeth?




Toni


I want to dye my hair red. And I don't know if that's what makes their teeth look so awful or not or if their teeth are truly yellow?


Answer
So you noticed, this too. Not many people notice. There IS a scientific reason:

Embryonically, there are 3 germ layers: ectoderm, mesdoerm, and endoderm. (You can google them if you want). The tooth enamel (the outermost part) and the skin both derive from the ectoderm.

Have you ever noticed that natural redheads usually have a very fair, translucent skin? In general, their skin is thinner than that of people with other hair colors. And having been derived from the ectoderm, their tooth enamel is thinner, as well.

So the effect you see, due to the thinner enamel, is more of the underlying tooth surface (dentin) showing through the enamel. And the dentin is normally a yellowish or grayish color. As a result, the redhead's teeth will appear to be less white, because more dentin is apparent.

Because this is all happening as the embryo is forming, it's nothing you have to worry about, if you wish to color your hair - it's not going to change your tooth enamel.

So you can feel safe in coloring your hair red - it won't make your teeth look yellow!

How to: Healthy hair & Teeth?




Peace Love


Ok, so I'm worried about my hair and teeth not looking nice or healthy, so, let me explain...

First- teeth, whenever I go to the dentist I get told I eat too many sweets (I can't help it- I'm a sweetooth), and I'm scared incase my teeth fall out or begin to turn yellow. My gums are slighty red- I brush my teeth once or twice a day- I use an Oral B- triumph brush. Is there anyway to make my teeth healthy/healthy looking?

Second- Hair
My hair is so damaged as I use heat on it almost everyday- I have bad splitends and my hair doesn't have a shine to it anymore. Is there any products to make my hair healthier? I have thick hair so thinning isn't the problem- I was thinking of using olive oil- I heard its a great deep conditioner also, my hair isn't tangly so again, that isn't the problem. Any suggestions? AND NOTHING STUPID LIKE ''Don't use heat'' bla bla, My hair is thick so it flicks up at the ends... I have to use heat or it looks horrible- also I use a protection.

SO basically..
Hints for healthy teeth and gums?
Hints for healthy hair?
Product suggestions for hair?

MUCH APPRECIATED,
Emilyxxxx



Answer
Teeth: no matter how much you brush, or what brand toothbrush or toothpaste, FLOSSING will improve your gum & make your teeth healthier. Use Ultra Sonic toothbrush also, for best coverage.
Brush for 5 mins. if using hand brush.
http://www.sonicare.com/professional/dp/DP/Default.aspx

Hair: Even healthy hair like mine get split ends, due to normal hair brushing & styling. Hair protectant doesn't protect hair 100%. Like sunscreen, you still get sunburned. Same with hair, as you've already experienced. Spend 5-10 mins. trimming your hair strand per strand, section by section when the sun is shinning so you'll understand how the hair is split in several places, and not always at the end, even somewhere in the middle. Do it yourself trim, is the best. Use a 2" folding shears for trimming. Allowing healthier hair to take over. Then 2x a year, get a good trim.

YOU DON'T have to use heat to get healthy, shiny, soft, silky hair. Using protection doesn't protect hair 100%. Like sunscreen you still get sunburned. Same with hair. You don't need products other than shampoo & conditioner. I'm guessing your hair is curly, reason why you straighten it, set them in plastic curlers, and blow dry, then take them out & finger comb. Many people have your type of hair, but they are healthy, shiny, soft, & sexy!
The rest you get from your good genes, and from all the healthy foods you eat from Mother Nature. I love sweets too, but I eat 3-5 servings for fresh fruits & vegetables, that should take care of 80% of your hair care right there!

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - the website had moved, type it in. Two others also:
http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/featureâ¦
http://www.menshealth.com/spotlight/hairâ¦

YW.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why do redheads have such yellow teeth?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

12 comments:

  1. I always thought my teeth had a yellowish tint, even when I was a young girl, because I am a natural redhead! Thanks Daddy! Wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Red Hair and I'm a guy. My teeth are yellow. Yes Redheaded people have more yellow teeth. Why do majority of redheaded people have yellow teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol.... I have red hair and I do not have yellow teeth I go to the dentist every 6 months and I do this thing called brushing and flossing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is also contrast. A person with red hair generally has very light skin. For example if someone has dark skin and then the white of their teeth look much lighter in comparison. Also depending on the shade of red it can enhance yellow. A lot of people in my family have red hair but their teeth are not yellow. In fact we don't get cavities either. My grandfather had all have good teeth with no cavities for his whole life and I've only had one cavity and it was Tiny and I'm not sure it even was a real cavity to be honest. Basically I inherited this trait fortunately and I have perfect teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redhead here- 47 and still no yellow teeth. My mom is a brunette, or was, and she has naturally very yellow teeth (no coffee, no tea, great dental care). I’ve never heard that redheads have yellow teeth, but since they’ve called us witches, whores, and other vulgar things, I’m not at all surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, just jealousy...let them gosdip, birch and moan๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and perhaps, alliw me to fix the above typos๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a natural redhead and my teeth have always been rather white and I've never had any cavities. But my teeth have gotten really sensitive since I hit 30

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im disgusted in your shallow views. i am a red head so are my children and grandchildren. to suggest red heads are prone to yellow teeth is ridiculous.do brunettes have yellow teeth or blondes dah ...if anyone has yellow teeth its because they need to brush them .mine are pure white and so are my familys.


    ReplyDelete
  10. I came to this page wondering why most natural red headed men and women have greyish or yellowish teeth. It is just one of those observation I made as a people photographer. The explanation here makes sense. I guess some whiteners might not work, so maybe caps are the only solution. You can look at the teeth of red headed famous actors like Robert Redford and Julianne Moore, who I’m sure had access to the best dental maintanence, and see that.

    ReplyDelete