Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How to cancel out brassy and yellow tones in BLEACHED hair?

red hair level 7
 on Logos Quiz Answers Level 9 Part 3 for iPad and iPhone
red hair level 7 image



Cecilia


I'm originally a level 7-8 blond and then dyed it to more of a 3-4 auburn dark brown, then from there went to a 4-5 Kat von D red with violet tones. Now I'm ready to go back blond again.

So far I've used the "One n' Only Color Fix" and a one time application of "Salon Care: Prism Lites VIOLET" powdered bleach with a 40 volume developer to lighten my hair. Keep in mind that BOTH of those products were recommended to me by Sally's Salon workers, I did not buy them because I THOUGHT they would work. My hair is now a brassy, yellow mixture, which I desperately want to get rid of!

I have the rest of the summer to get rid of the color and get it to more of a natural looking blond again, so time is not an issue.

I've heard that a purple shampoo like "Shimmering Lights" can take out brassy and yellow tones... but would that kind of product work on my hair now (It's a light brassy color with yellows)? Also, I plan on bleaching my hair again to get it to a lighter level (yes, I plan on giving it a break up to two weeks), would anyone suggest doing something else to lighten it more aside from bleach?

I'd appreciate a response on this! c: Thank you!

P.S. I've been using the "One n' Only Restorative Mask" after EACH use of a lightening product. So please, no one comment on how my hair is going to fall out any minute now.



Answer
Shimmering Lights would definitely help you out. It is a purple/blue shampoo that removes that brassy and yellow tones from your hair. A healthier way to lighten your hair in the meantime would be a mixture of honey, olive oil, lemon juice and conditioner. You can leave it on your hair as long as you like, and you will see results within a few days. Let the mixture sit for a bit before you use it though, just so it can develop, almost like hair dye. Putting a plastic bag over your hair can lock in some heat and speed up the process even more.

Good luck!

How soon after you dye your hair can you bleach it?




KeniaUndef


I dyed my hair but it didnt come out like i wanted it too.
I dont want to use ColorFix again because it costs about the same as bleach.
So how long do i have to wait?
right now my hair color is dark reddish brown and i wanted it to a level 6 or level 7 blonde.



Answer
At minimum, you should wait until you've shampooed your hair at least 3 times over a number of days of having had your hair dyed.

Beyond that, it partly depends on the type of hair dye used, because some of the darker dyes have different chemical properties which may cause your hair to take on an unpleasant shade of red/gold when you try to bleach it. What you could do yourself is cut off some hair and do a bleach test on it with professional product and see what happens. Make sure it's enough hair to be able to accurately judge the color properties. But you should be aware that dyeing and then bleaching hair can affect the quality of your hair, leading to split ends, breakage, frizziness, etc. It depends on what hair type you have, how fine it is, how much abuse it's been through with chemical applications, etc.

If you want the bleaching to work when it's been recently dyed, don't use a conditioner enriched with antioxidants or a cheap conditioner that coats the hair just before bleaching. Some newer deep conditioners are enriched with excess antioxidants that prevent good results with bleaching. An example is the Neutrogena triple moisture deep conditioner, which has so much anitioxidant ability that it actually kept the peroxide from working for someone after they had used it earlier in the day before going to the salon to get their hair bleached. (If one isn't planning on bleaching their hair, then it's actually a good low-priced deep conditioner).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to cancel out brassy and yellow tones in BLEACHED hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment