Friday, November 29, 2013

What kind of drugstore hair dye should i use for ombre hair?

red hair color pinterest
 on Biggest Myths About African-American Hair � MadameNoire MadameNoire
red hair color pinterest image



Hannah


So i have kinda meduim brown hair and i want to do ombre hair (blonde on the tips) i got this revlon colorsilk stuff at walgreens and i was reading about it and it said if u have dark hair youll get red tones and i dont want red hair!! So I tryed just a tiny piece and it didnt even dye it ughh! So i heard L'Oreal Paris ombre kit is a good dye, Clariol natural insticts, and revlon frost and glow. What kind should i use? Whats the best one?!:) thanks guys!!


Answer
I used loreal feria ombré on my reddish blond hair I to use two boxes but it looks so cute. If you've colored your hair before you might only need one box, I had never colored my hair before and I used the lightest color box thinking it would turn my hair that color but my red hair was a lil darker than I thought so it took 2 boxes.
The loreal feria ombré comes in three different shades, it has a comb so you just brush it in or you mix it in a bowl and use a paint brush like my stylist did but either way comes out great. If you DIY the comb is probably easier.
As for the color i would get the darkest color box if your hair extension is dark so you dont have same problem i did, it will help to lighten it faster however, the pic on pinterest of what you want your hair to look like, the chic in that picture probably bleached her hair to get it that blond. most likely you will need to do two boxes to get your dark hair that blond. bleach is more expensive and more damaging to your hair, according to my stylist, cause i was ready to just jump right in to bleaching i wanted to do ombre so bad lol. when i first used the loreal i tried by myself didnt work was hardlyable to see it. then i had my stylist do it with the same dye is used and she double prosessed it(use 2 boxes) then i got my ombre results. but idk if that was because my hair was red and i was using the lightest color blond dye box, cause i had not ever colored my hair before or maybe my hair needed to be bleached I have no idea but you may only need one box, red hair is tricky lol. Buy one box and if not the desired look go two boxes but try to match your extension color to the original hair color on back of dye boxes. Defiantly recommend loreal feria ombré though. Good luck with your ombré!! it's cute and edgy but it looks great on everyone..in my opinion. So you'll look fab

How can I achieve a rich red color with henna?




Jess


I have dyed my hair 3 times already with henna in the past 6 months.
1st time with "Caca Marron" from Lush brand
and the other 2 times with "Caca Rouge".

I want t real nice rich red color.
This is by far the color I would love to get:

http://pinterest.com/pin/121315783684413692/

But this is a close representation of the color I currently have with a pinch less red tone:

http://www.short-hair-style.com/images/red-hair-medium-copper-golden-blonde-21596525.jpg
Also my roots peeked out before I did the henna, and now my roots are continuously dark no matter how many times I dye with henna.



Answer
Of course your roots are dark, henna does not lighten your hair, it just adds red. For a brighter red you will need to bleach your hair, and then maybe re-henna.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of drugstore hair dye should i use for ombre hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment