Friday, May 16, 2014

Red hair with blonde highlights?




Ste


What would red hair look like with blonde highlights all through the hair? If the red hair color is very vivid would it soften it? What would the finished overall color look like?

If you can find any pix of what it may look like, please show me.

Thnx



Answer
i have red hair and highlighted it a few years ago. i mean it looked great and was a nice change. i have really bright red hair and i kind of wanted it toned down. it looked good but everytime you get it redone, it gets more and more blond. that is the problem i had, after coloring it twice, i was 50/50, and see im just not a blonde. its not my personality so i had to go back to the red. so its hard to get the color exactly back right, it started off dark red then washed away, but the highlight underneath eventually showed through! so up until last week i had two toned red hair cause the old highlight was coming through and i didnt want to dye it again. it def softened it, and it was really great for summer, it was just to get it back right was a pain. i think you should do it everyone loved it it was a nice change!

Bleaching hair blonde?




Chocolate


I'm 12 and and in middle school and wanted to change things up with my look. I baught caribean blue contacts (havn't come in yet...) instead of clear and I want to do something with my hair too. Don't tell me I'm too young or that It will ruin my hair or whatever....I WOULD like some tips for how to not ruin my hair doing this though...

Anyway, I was thinking about going bleach blonde with black underneath since that is what I think looks cool. I naturally have wavy hair and keep it that way during breaks and vacations but then I make it pin straight for school (I've been doing this since mid 5th grade). I only straighten it for school and keep it natural the rest of the time to keep it less damaged. Do you think this actually is working?

Also, If you don't think I should go with this hair style and color, what do you think I should go for? Incase any of this matters, I wear light eyeshadow, black mascara, and pink lip gloss with clear lip gloss on top. My style is skinny jeans and hollister with some gilry skater and a little bit of punk mixed in. I have blue eyes (really blue with colored contacts) and fair skin that turns olive when I get tan...

Thanks!

Pic of me:
http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss274/water208/?action=view&current=Hello.jpg

My hair:
http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss274/water208/?action=view&current=Haircolor.jpg

The color I want:
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/K/KA/KAT/KATIELUVSTOKIOHOTEL/1224189828_6366_full.jpeg

The hair CUT I want but a little longer and a little less spiky:

http://myemohairstyles.com/images/razorcut.jpg



Answer
I have the blonde with black underneath right now and my hair isn't even barely that damaged so Ill let you know what I did.

My hair was your color before I dyed it red about a year ago, and a few months back I decided to bleach it because the red faded so it was and awkward light red/brown, and so I ended up buying a boxed bleach at shoppers drug mart and bringing it home. I already had black underneath the red before though so I did it and since I had red undertones, it turned an orangey blonde. So I bought another one a few days later and went over it and got my wanted color basically.
Therefore theres my first warning. You may have to get two boxes, unless you use a peroxide kit from sallys or something.

I had manual red undertones because my hair was still red from before, so thats why it turned pretty orangey blonde. You seem to have basic blonde/brown tones, so you should be alright. But to get the super white platinum is difficult. I suggest two but wait ATLEAST a week inbetween dyes.

Deep condition your hair roughly two days before bleaching it first. Bleach is a strong chemical and your hair strength may be different from mine. Conditioning it helps keep it stronger and rejuvenates it.
If you dont have a conditioner specializing towards deep conditioning, just get your regular conditioner and either leave it in for extra long, or over night. Itll sink in and wash it out in the morning or after atleast half an hour.

After the bleaching process, if you want to add black; I suggest getting a black henna that doesnt contain ammonia. Thats the kind I use and it doesnt damage my hair as far as I see and feel.

Bigen powder dyes are the best in my opinion.
Theyre only under 5 dollars and their powders so you can save them. The black ones are so black they look almost blue, and never fade or strip color, and are just great.

But when your doing black, try to wait again another week or two just to let your hair settle down a bit.



Now, if the blondes a little yellowy or brassy you could say. You should get a 'toner' with a purple/lavender base. A toner is just well could be a shampoo and/or conditioner that you use regularly. I promise you it helps and works to get rid off the brassiness. I use John Frieda shampoo toner, the lavender one. The reason it has to be purple is because on the color wheel purple is the contrasting color of yellow so it neutralizes it.


Man, long answer but I tried to answer your question if I did. But your hairs really nice naturally and itll take some time but you can get there. And the haley williams cut would look nice on you, good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Red hair with blonde highlights?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment