Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dip dyed my tips red with SPLAT hair color. Can I go into the pool?

red hair color running
 on ... New Look Will Have You Running Out for Hairspray (PHOTOS) | The Stir
red hair color running image



Nilay


Hi ! ,
I know you get this question a lot but I'm worried. I dyed the tips of my hair red with Splat hair color about a week ago (did not bleach it before hand). I'm going to the pool tomorrow and I'm going to be under the sun. Will there be any complications? Any tips or advice would be great.
Thank you.



Answer
I did the same thing a while back. The color will run of course considering you just dyed it but the chlorine will make it worse (and could alter the color a bit) so to prevent that, what you need to do is: before you go into the pool, soak your hair wet with un-chlorinated water so that none of the chlorine can get into the pours of your hair. Also, after you get out of the pool make sure to rinse all that water out with clean water. This is what I did and nothing bad happened. Also, re-de your hair every 2-3 weeks to keep the color vibrant. (:

What color can i dye my dyed red hair to make it stop bleeding?




Nicole


you can see my other question, im frustrated about my red hair that i dyed a month ago not washing out and the water never running clear, staining everything in sight. Im going to get a haircut today and i want to know if i can dye my hair another color that will stop making the red hair dye bleed out everytime i wash it....maybe brown?


Answer
Red dye is very different than any other color. The chemical make up is different. It's the hardest color to keep and also the hardest color to get rid of and cover up. You'll have to strip it if you want it to go away. Possibly dyeing it dark brown but only after the color stops rinsing out. I dye my hair red and have for a little over a year and it always bleeds the first few weeks. Talk to your stylist and see what they recommend. But with red dye, that's what you're going to get. If you really want to keep the red, don't wash it every day, use shampoo's specifically for red hair (Aveda makes a shampoo for warm and red tones that's organic). Don't use any shampoos with sulfate or harsh chemicals-which is a good idea for hair in general.

But like I said, talk to your stylist. Stripping it will cause damage, but dyeing over it may cause a mess because of the weird chemicals in the red dye,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Dip dyed my tips red with SPLAT hair color. Can I go into the pool?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment