Saturday, November 2, 2013

Would the baby come out with red hair, black hair or brown hair?

red hair on black people
 on ... these models have had body hair and male facial hair removed and
red hair on black people image
Q. Just to clear this up, I'm not pregnant or planning to have a baby soon but I'm just wondering the genetics:

If my mother has red hair, my grandfather has red hair and many other people on my mother's side has red hair, and if I the father of my child has red hair but I don't have red hair (I have black/brown hair) would the baby come out with red hair or black hair?


Answer
Red hair is NOT the recessive form of the dark pigmentation gene. Red hair is caused by having a defective copy of the MCR1 gene. It doesn't break down red pigment in the hair or skin, allowing it to accumulate. Whether or not you have dark or fair hair is determined by the formula you've seen in some of the other posts-- BB or Bb for brown, bb for blonde.

...Except genetics is way more complicated than that. Genes can be present but not express themselves. Gene might only express themselves partway (these qualities are called permanence and expressivity). There is of course the likely possibility there are more genes involved than we know about.

Your child's chances of having red hair could be 50/50 or they could be zero. Why? If you're heterozygous (one copy of each allelle), and your husband is homozygous (two copies of the red hair allelles) then he will definitely pass one onto your kid. It's just a 50/50 shot that you will. That's the most likely.

Did your mother have strawberry blonde or auburn hair? Maybe she only had one copy, and you didn't have any. Now your kids definitely won't have it... unless they inherit one copy from their Dad and end up with the lesser redhead version.

I linked you to some more reputable sources on the genetics of hair color. Hope this helps.

I want to dye my red hair either black or turquoise?




Rose Dalek


I naturally have red hair. Not bright read, but it's a weird orangeish red. Anyway, I want to dye it either black or turquoise, probably black because I honestly really don't want to bleach my hair. I was wondering what you'd need to do in order to get red hair to black without damaging my hair too much or anything. I've heard it makes your hair oily faster, is this true? And I'm pale, and I really don't mind being a little "paler" in contrast to the black hair.


Answer
DO NOT DO BLACK. Do a very dark brown. The pigments are very very different, but I tried black and it looks horrible unless you are an Asian girl with that silky black hair. I would suggest going to a colorist and getting a very very dark brown, like jessica biel's new hair color.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=jessica+biel+golden+globes+2012&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=f4Ib8gwlimfjMM:&imgrefurl=http://thebeautybean.com/site/beautify/jessica-biel-at-the-2012-golden-globes-how-to-get-her-hair/&docid=8ZvyXat-GhqzoM&imgurl=http://thebeautybean.com/site/wp-content/uploads2/2012/01/Jessica-Biel-Golden-Globes-2012.jpg&w=586&h=422&ei=kwQbT-a8DovYiQKlxbWWAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=473&sig=103507926936745637964&page=1&tbnh=136&tbnw=183&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&tx=96&ty=81




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would the baby come out with red hair, black hair or brown hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment