Thursday, December 19, 2013

Can you use hair glaze instead of hair dye for more subtle color?

red hair glaze
 on From Our Archives: Cheryl Cole Smolders In Auburn | StyleNoted
red hair glaze image



saranwrap7


I was watching "How do I Look" yesterday, and the stylist used hair glaze and I think she was saying it will make the hair appear lighter. I have jet balck hair and I kinda wanted to put a little red in it. Will using one of those hair glaze products work to make a red tint in my hair?


Answer
No. Glazes cannot be used on black colored hair. Glazes are a gentle alternative to color and wont show up on hair that dark.

How can I darken my red hair without losing the natural highlights?

Q. I have red hair, but I'm out in the sun a lot and it's streaked with both blonde, and a little gray these days. I would like to darken it up a little, because the color looks a little washed out and has no depth, but I don't want that single toned look of coloring, and I don't want to cover all the highlights. Is there a good wash or technique for adding a little depth to the color? My hair has never been colored before, and is in good condition.


Answer
Your best bet is to try a color depositing shampoo. It revs up the natural tones in your hair and kicks up the hue without drastically changing the color. Your second best bet would be a color glaze, which does basically the same thing, though the color glaze is not used like a shampoo but like a conditioner.

John Frieda has both of these products for red hair.

If you actually want to dye the hair, one thing you have to remember is to make sure that the package has "semi" or "demi" permanent on the box and absolutely make sure it says "ammonia free". With natural red hair you do NOT want ammonia, it will end up orange. If you are going to dye it, pick a shade that is no more than 2 shades lighter or darker than your natural color. This is especially important since you are trying to preserve the natural highlites. You mentioned you have some gray, so keep in mind that grays are more stubborn to color than pigmented hues. They may turn out lighter than the rest of your hair.

Many other brands have color glazes and color depositing shampoos but John Frieda is a popular one. L'Oreal and Garnier are also good, and both offer "box dye".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you use hair glaze instead of hair dye for more subtle color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment