Saturday, February 1, 2014

red hair...?




ly


i dye my hair red but it fades out after like 2 weeks, i use the shampo thats for colored hair andit still fades, anyone know how to prevent this or make the hair color last long?


Answer
Red dye is the worst dye for longevity. It always fades within a couple weeks despite whether its from a salon or not. There are ways to squeeze a little extra time out of the color, but it will never stay bright and red for a long period of time. To gain extra time out of your color, use color depositing shampoos and conditioners. Also if your hair isnt overly greasy, shampoo only twice a week. You can also use styling products with color depositing agents. Also a clear gloss color glaze will add a boost to faded red hair. (You can buy this in stores now.) The more closer to brown your red shade is, the longer it will last. Auburns and mahogney shades last longer than bright cherry reds and fire reds. Theres are also temporary colors that wash out with one shampoo. You could use these occasionaly if you just want to play around. But I've come to learn that reds are a real upkeep and look like a horrible mess when not re-colored every other week. So you could also play around with different colors. Good luck:)

How to give red hair a color boost?




Brittanyyy


I was thinking about adding a little demi-perm red hair dye into my conditioner so whenever I use my conditioner it I'll leave it in for about 3 or so minutes and wash it out, will that boost my red hair color?
I'm thinking about getting manic panic in red and using that in the conditioner.



Answer
That'll definitely do the trick! But make sure it's one of those "shine" conditioners, that way it'll be silky and shiny at the same time.
And use a good dye that isn't too harsh or anything.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: red hair...?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment