Sunday, April 13, 2014

African American Hair Color Help?




cute_ne


I'm a black woman and would like to color my black hair a different color. I was thinking about dying it some type of deep red. I've tried all of the blond colors and I'm tried of them. Please help me with the right color and the right brand.


Answer
Deep reds or copper tones really go well with black skin, especially if it's a lighter kind of black. If it's dark, however, dark browns or hinted deep reds would go nicely because you do not want to look fake.

Is putting a dye in a african american woman hair bad. ?




meek


My hair is Black & I wanna go lighter and I was told since my hair is dark I need to bleach it. So is it bad to dye it or just get a rinse ?


Answer
It depends on how much lighter you want to go, the level of damage to your hair and if you have any other chemicals on your hair (i.e. a relaxer or texturizer). My hair is an off black/dark brown color and I have used Nice and Easy in various red tones for years without problems. Now, if you are talking going blonde, then yes, you will have to use a very strong chemical to lift the black color before depositing the blonde color on it and that is very damaging. I would consult with a reputable salon before doing such a process with an at-home color...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: African American Hair Color Help?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment