Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jazzing or Manic Panic for my red hair?

Q. I am a new to the red hair game. I used a red for dark hair, that bleach my hair as it dyed it... loreal hicolor in intense red. I like the color. I don't want fire red hair, it's more of a dark cherry red and I am happy with it. I know it's hard to maintain red hair and I will need to add color often, not just to my roots but all over. I however do not want to keep using the first product as it bleaches my hair, I want something a little less damaging from now on. I was told to try manic panic or Jazzing as they are semi permanent, and I know Jazzing doesn't have any ammonia or peroxide.. I am not sure about manic panic? Anyway, Jazzing is for African American hair, I am white (ish)... so can I use it? Which product is better? And if you have used one of them... can you recommend a shade to keep it near the dark cherry color I currently have? And about how long would you say each one last (aka, how often do I need to do this?) Thanks for any help!


Answer
Jazzing is a hair dye rinse that any hair type can use. It does NOT last very long. It can disappear after the first two washes. Manic panic lasts a little bit longer, but it comes out brighter and costs a little bit more money. Hope this helps. Henna is a natural red hair dye you can try as well. It is also a conditioning treatment.

Clairol Jazzing temporary hair color?

Q. I have auburn hair (something like this, maybe a little bit darker: http://www.latesthaircolorideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/auburn_2Dhair_2Dcolor.jpg ) and for my Halloween costume I need to die it orange. I was looking for something that would come out in only a few washes, and Clairol Jazzing said 4 to 8 washes if used without heat, which is perfect. I've heard that it's just a tint and not a dye, so it won't be really bright, but that's ok. I was planning to use Ruby Red ( http://www.sallybeauty.com/temporary-hair-color/SBS-320946,default,pd.html ) because I figure it won't actually be that bright.

So what I'm wondering is if the color will still take to my hair - even thought it's kind of dark - if I don't bleach it before using the product (cuz my mom will not let me bleach it, and I don't want to.) My hair has never been dyed or chemically treated, and it's very healthy. I wash and condition it every day. So will the color take to my hair enough to notice it? Again, if it's not that bright that's perfectly fine.

I've heard that you're supposed to wash your hair before applying it and again AFTER applying it, but for some people it washed out of their hair when they shampooed it after. So should I just skip that step?

Anything else I should know about the product and/or how to use it would be great.

Thanks! :D


Answer
Don't wash your hair before dying it, only afterwards.
With hair that light, it will definitely have a visible affect on your colour. Most likely, it will be quite red and very vibrant.
Hope it works out :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Jazzing or Manic Panic for my red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment