Sunday, May 4, 2014

Best way to maintain red hair color?




Meggles650


I've been dyeing my hair red for years now. I'm naturally blonde. Realllly thin hair. Can't find anything to help it from fading. Right now, most of my hair is vibrant red, some of it is blonde. (You can see it in my thumbnail) I've used Loreal Colorist Professional(?) in Clover red. It worked alright, but I don't know if it will stain the platinum blonde part in my hair. Also, when my color fades, my roots don't fade, but my ends fade really quickly. Last time I got my hair dyed like this it only lasted 2-3 weeks. I heard that keratin helps too, so I've been using Chi's Keratin Mist. Any other suggestions??


Answer
Red is always going to be a hard color to maintain. The reason why it fades at the ends is due to the porosity and dead ends. Also, to help is using a color enhancer shampoo with a low pH around 3.5-4.5 this helps to keep the cuticle shaft closed. Another is washing your hair too much, using heating appliances and not using a heat protectant, the sun also oxidizes hair color.
No matter what brand you use the red is going to fade. Next time you go to a beauty supply store like sally's buy a protein filler in red and you can apply it to your hair and wash it out, or put some in the color as well, either way it's going to even out the porosity to give you and even color. Just put the color in a bowl and then the protein red filler and mix first then mix the peroxide. I also buy a demi permanent and use in between color applications. Demi permanents are low in ammonia , deposit color only, and make you hair very shiny, and last between 6-8 weeks. This is optional and found that it does work good and is less damaging.
hope this helps and i love your red color it's very pretty for you skin tone :)

is it ok to mix two different hair dye together? to get a red/brown hair color?




ALESANA


or is it better to dye my hair brown first then wait a day then dye it red?

i plan on using box hair dyes, garnier box dyes
just because the professional hair colors i get from sally's doesn't have the color that i want



Answer
NO! You could cause a major chemical reaction that could explode at the worst, at the least, make your hair fall out. Keep looking around and trying to find the right color. On your other half of your question, yes it would be better. You can color it in the same day, but depending on the health of your hair, you may be risking some damage. Garnier is a good brand. the colors seem to be true, and the damage is minimal. Make sure you use a darker brown than the red, or it may come out only red.

Good luck, and I'm sure as long as you don't mix the chemicals, you will be okay.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best way to maintain red hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment