Thursday, May 8, 2014

Color oops or bleach?




Bria


My hair was bleached and dyed bright red for a few months. I decided to go back to dark brown, my natural color which I was hoping meant that I wouldn't have to dye it again. But it keeps fading and a red tint shows underneath. My roots have grown out a few inches since it's been bleached..so should I use color oops and then dye a dark brown over or will it be too uneven? Or should I bleach it and then dye it dark brown over that?


Answer
Because you have bleached your hair, it has become porous, which means that you may have to periodically re-dye it with dark brown in order for it to stay dark brown. I wouldn't even bother with the Color Oops at this stage - just do a deep treatment with some hydrolised proteins, such as Joico K-Pak or a protein filler. Then redye with brown hair dye. Using a protein treatment will help reduce the porosity of your hair so that your new brown dye will cover the red better.

How to preserve hair color?




Daisy


I dyed my hair very red. I use Joico color shield shampoo and conditioner, but the color still fades within the first two weeks. Should I recolor my hair? The color should last longer, but it doesn't, and it very frustrating. Anything else I can do? I am also vegan, so if you were to recommend a product, it would have to be not tested on animals. I appreciate the help!


Answer
Red is not a color that will last long in your hair. I wouldn't be able to reccommend a brand, but I can give you a few tips. I also color my hair red, but I only wash about 2-3 days a week. I also use color protectant shampoo and conditioner. A few days after you initially color it, you shouldn't wash it, because it will fade a little.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Color oops or bleach?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment