Sunday, August 18, 2013

Can I dye my hair purple if I work at McDonalds?

red hair girl from girl code
 on Cartoon Of A Red Haired Doctor Girl - Royalty Free Vector Clipart by ...
red hair girl from girl code image



Don't walk


I'm a part-timer at McDonalds, been working there about 4 months so far. One of my managers used to have bright red and black hair, another girl has dark red hair and one of the other new girls had green and blonde hair, so I figured it was okay to finally dye my hair purple and went ahead and brought the dye.

Next thing I hear, a co-worker tells me that the green haired girl quit because she was told to dye her hair a natural colour and refused to. Yet this girl had green hair when she was hired, and worked there for three months with green hair. And the very next day I come in to find another blonde co-worker had dip dyed her hair red.

Naturally, I'm very confused about their policy. There was nothing in our contract about unnatural hair colour (although the same co-worker swears there was). I don't want to ask the store manager about it, because if they say I can't then I can't act as if I didn't know when I do dye my hair. Which I will be either way, it's just a matter of now or later.

I'm fine with losing my job as I may have to quit soon anyway if I can't get time off to go on holiday. But I really need the money for an overseas trip in April, and I doubt I will be able to find another job between now and then with purple hair. (I have enough for the trip itself, I just could do with more spending money). And I really don't want to wait too long to be able to dye it, as I've already been waiting a couple of years due to school dress code. There is a very small window I will be able to experiment with my hair in before I must get an actual job, and I don't want to waste it.



Answer
I don't think you'll lose your job if it wasn't stated in the policy. I think if you dye your hair purple (which is a lovely colour btw!) just make sure to keep your hair neatly tied up and clean. I think as long as you do that it shouldn't matter...

Can you get in trouble at a public school for having a part of your hair bleached?







I want the under layers of my hair bleached and I was wondering if you could get introuble for that?
I've seen some girls at my school with red in their hair but it's barely noticeable. I've seen one girl with black hair and light brown highlights. But what about bleached?



Answer
Usually not. Most public school dress codes prevent skimpy clothing, distracting clothing (like a halter top, bikini, etc.), and offensive clothing (mostly slogans on tee shirts and such).

HOWEVER, check your individual school's policy, they vary widely.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I dye my hair purple if I work at McDonalds?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment