Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Is it okay to use volume 10 developer when going to a darker hair color?

red hair color developer
 on How To Color (Dye) Your Weave | How To Make & Do Everything!
red hair color developer image



Sam


My natural and current hair color is a light to medium brown. I want to dye my hair to a dark brown color. I've only used 20-30 volume developer, but was told that that is not necessary when I am only wanting to deposit color. So my question is: Is it okay to use only 10 volume developer when going from light-medium brown to dark brown?


Answer
I've used 10 volume before when my hair was colored red & I wanted part of it black. It worked just fine for me. Good luck.

Can you mix bleach with hair color to get different colored blonde/red highlights?




Ashley


Previously, when adding blond highlights to my brown hair, I have just used a solution of half Clairol Powder Bleach / half 40 Cream Developer. Iâm wondering if I can add actual hair color to the mix to get different colored highlights than just plain bleached-out blond results. For example, if I blend the bleach mixture with a reddish hair-dye, would I get strawberry blond results? And if so, would I still use the Volume 40 Developer?


Answer
no, when I bleached my hair to add hot pink I didn't wash the bowl good enough and just that little bit of bleach in a lot of hot pink dye made it a reaaaaalllllllly light pink




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it okay to use volume 10 developer when going to a darker hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment