Monday, October 7, 2013

What is a good song to sing for an audition for the musical Chicago?

jazzy red hair color
 on ... RED HOT (my favorite), RUBY RED (a little...it's really red!), and
jazzy red hair color image



Emily Gee


It needs to be jazzy and from the 1920s/1930s era. I have a lower female voice. I would prefer not to sing a Chicago song because I know the director is big on originality.


Answer
At least you know not to use a song FROM the musical you are auditioning for but the other answers were from people who don't know that you audition FOR a musicla with a SONG FROM A MUSICAL.

Try some of these and see if something works for you

A NEW LIFE... Jekyll and Hyde\
A QUIET THING... Flora the Red Menace
A WHOLE NEW WORLD... Aladdin
ARKANSAS... Big river
AS LONG AS HE NEEDS ME.. Oliver
BACK TO BEFORE.. Ragtime
BIG SPENDER... Sweet Charity
BUENOS AIRES... Evita
CABARET.. Cabaret
COLOR OF THE WIND... Pocahonta
COOL, COOL CONSIDERATE MEN.. 1776
DANCE 10, LOOKS 3... A Chorus Line
DIVA'S LAMENT.. Spamalot
DO I HEAR A WALTZ?... Do I Hear a Waltz?
DOROTHY MAE... Best little Whorehouse in Texas
EASY TO BE HARD.. Hair
EVERYTHING ELSE.. Next to Normal
FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE.. The Boys from Syracuse
FORGET ABOUT THE BOY.. Thoroughly Modern Millie
GLITTER AND BE GAY ... Candide
GRAND AVENUE... Flower Drum Song
GROWING UP CATHOLIC.. Nonsense
HE VAS MY BOYFRIEND... The Young Frankenstein
HOME... Beauty and the Beast
I BELIEVE IN LOVE... Hairspray
I GOT RHYTHM... Girl Crazy
JUST YOU WAIT... My Fair Lady
KEYS .. Passing Strange
LITTLE GIRL BLUE.. Jumbo
LOOK TO THE RAINBOW... Finian's Rainbow
LULLABY OF BROADWAY... 42nd Street
MAYBE... Annie
MORE TO THE STORY... Shrek the Musical
NOBODY'S SIDE... Chess
NOONE IS ALONE.. Into the Woods
100 WAYS TO LOSE A MAN.. Wonderful Town
OOH! MY FEET... The most happy fella
ON MY OWN.. Les Miserables
ONCE UPON A DECEMBER.... Anastasia
PART OF YOUR WORLD.. The Little Mermaid
PURLIE... Purlie
RAGS... Rags
SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT... Peter Pan
SHINE... Billy Elliot
STARS AND THE MOON.. Songs for a new World
THE WIZARD AND I... Wicked
THINK OF ME.. Phantom of the Opera
UNDER THE TREE.. Celebration
WHAT COULD BE BETTER... Baby
WHERE OR WIN.. Babes in Arms
YOU'LL NEVER BE ALONE.. A Tale of Two Cities

Good Luck

Does anyone have unique hair salon names?




Sunny


I live in Georgia and there are a lot of salons around here. I want something that is way different but jazzy.


Answer
We have a salon called Color me Red, it is really cool, they have a lot of red and zebra prints in there, it is quite hip. My friend was thinking of opening a salon and calling it Color, Cut, and Strut, but she ended up doing something else, I always thought that it was a fun name.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good song to sing for an audition for the musical Chicago?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment