Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I want RED HAIR -- what dye to use?




moof


i need to dye my hair red.. the sort of red of a dr pepper can.
anyone know a brand or color name that is that color?
(my hair is already bleached.)
gosh you're clever, sheila.

anyhoo, i actually am looking to dye my hair for a specific reason, because i can't get ahold of a wig the color instead.

i am asking because it is not an unusual color, the sort of red of a dr pepper can/label, and i would be surprised if there was NO ONE who had any suggestions as to the specific brand of dye and the name of the color.



Answer
Herbal Essences in Paint the Town Red (shade #44 I think)
I think it would give a similar look, it's kid of bright but still natural looking too.

EDIT: people above are stupid.

What is the best bright red hair dye?




Elle B


I know all reds fade super fast, but I've been cutting down the showering and that helps, but it still fades like a maniac. Something like this color.
http://www.alternativateatral.com/imagen.asp?path=scripts/es/fotos/obras/&archivo=010609_1.jpg



Answer
Your major things to watch out for is "sulfates" in your shampoos they go under names like sodium laurel sulfate or "sulfa" its an ingredient used in shampoos and other products to make it foam and bubble, shampoo lacking foam doesn't mean its not cleaning! Sulfates even hide in most "color safe" labeled shampoos!

Also a henna kit may be the way to go but there not the easiest to prepare, for starters the dye after you have mixed it with hot water should sit 3 hours in a warm place preferably covered with plastic wrap and kept in sunlight if possible you will probably want the RED kit not BRIGHT RED for most brands (I used light mountain in the past), I bought the bright red kit online thinking it would look the way I wanted it but the box indicated I actually wanted the RED kit. Also henna for best results you may want to leave in your hair 1-3 hours with a plastic shower cap on top.

If you want normal (chemical) dye semi permanent color might be a good idea, and may not need bleaching if you have light enough brown hair (you will probably get a deep dark cherry color try a strand test) or I really like HERBAL ESSENCES box hair color (no bleaching) but I can only find that brand at Walmart for some reason. That brand has some really amazing colors for those who like something different like the reds, I think number 44 is a real bright red look arround the shades and choose one you like. My favorite color I keep going back to is Bronzed Rubies its like this reddish, burgundy, brown, kind of plum color really different and fun and it looks different from person to person, and depends on what your shade is when you start.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want RED HAIR -- what dye to use?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment