Sunday, May 18, 2014

Questions about hair chalking?? *10 POINTS BEST ANSWER!*?

Q. I want to try chalking my hair (I know how to do it) but I have a couple questions. I do sports and it's starting to get warm so I'm sweating a lot. Will the chalk start washing out/dripping onto and staining my clothes? If my hair rubs against something, will it get chalk coloring on it? (Like on a pillow if I take a nap or my friend's shirt when I'm giving her a hug) Also, what are the best colors for brown hair? Mine is mostly brunette, but I have a lot of gold and red highlights visible in the light. My hair is the color in this picture:

http://wm43.inbox.com/thumbs/64_20d391_1ca34a38_oJ.jpg.thumb

Pink? Purple? Yellow?? (To look like I have highlights?) I heard that chalking the strand of hair white first makes the color more vibrant. Is this true for brunettes?

Thank you to those who can help! :) I WILL be giving best answer to whomever can help me best :)


Answer
Hair chalk only lasts until you shampoo it. I think if you're sweating enough that your hair is wet then yes, it'll drip out. But if your hair is in a ponytail and just your scalp/ face is sweating then you'll be fine. As long as you set the chalk it shouldn't come out on your friends shirt when you hug her, but it may come out on your pillow if you have a nap. Kevin Murphy's hair chalk is very vibrant on brunettes (especially if you layer the colour) so if you're using that, you won't need to apply white chalk first.

I found this girls review of her experience with Kevin Murphy's hair chalk and it's really informative:

http://www.hairromance.com/2011/10/kevin-murphy-color-bug-review.html

Does chalking work..?




Charlie


I have medium brown hair and I would like to experiment with different colours. I know that chalking is an easy way to temporarily colour your hair but am I able to use in on all of my hair to see what different colours look like on me before I dye my hair? Would this work? If so, are you able to chalk your hair black, and would red show up on brown hair? Thank you :)


Answer
You are basically coating your hair in chalk, after being excited to chalk for a bit, I came to the realization that it's not what it seems to be, it ruins your hair and you have to do it for a long time to have a streak of hair completely in that colour.

Even though it's not very good for your hair, I'd dye my hair several times to see the colours rather than trying to chalk it all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Questions about hair chalking?? *10 POINTS BEST ANSWER!*?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment