Friday, November 22, 2013

What is the easiest way to go blonde, using the supermarket haircolours?. My hairdresser won't do it for me.

level 8 red hair
 on Best At Home Hair Color - Hair Color Trends - Redbook
level 8 red hair image
Q. My hair is a natural level 8, and i have about 3 inches of regrowth, disguised by blonde foils. My coloured hair is about a level 5 or 6 so i know my underlying tone is a yellow. Do you think it's possible to get back my light light light blonde stage, or would i have to do it a couple of times, as i'm not too fond of my darker hair.


Answer
Only just a half hour ago my husband said to me.
"I liked your hair better when it was blonde."
my answer was
"I did dye my hair back to blonde, I did it last week"
his reply
"well you look more like a red head"


Supermarket hair colours don't stop the brass tones coming though.

So if you want be be a called a blonde again and not a red head like my sensitive, kind, loving,...... GRAYING, FAT, BALDING, LAZY, THOUGHTLESS, husband said to me.

Then I recommend you go and get a hairdresser.

By the way!

Guess were my next appointment is?

Can I remove permanent hair color from my hair?




lalalalala


I've been dying my hair for a few years now, mainly back and forth between browns and reds. I was a blonde at one point and thus bleached my hair. Right now I am a red head and though I absolutely love being a red head, coloring hair requires a lot of work that I'm getting rather fed up with.

Is there a way to go back to my natural color? I know red is the hardest color to remove from hair, I don't a packet of color corrector from Sally's would do the job.

What do I do? How much will it cost?
My hair color right now (dyed) is a level 7 or 8 copper red. My natural hair color is a level 5 or 6 brown. How would the salon be able to get it back to that?



Answer
Hi,
I think you are in luck. That is if you are correct in your assessments of your present level of hair color and your natural hair color. You do not have to remove your present level 7 or 8 copper red.

The reason for this is because your natural hair color is darker by one or two levels.
However it still is a bit tricky. Use level 6, which would be dark blonde. Use a permanent hair color but in dark ash blonde. Add a blue accent color.

Actually when mixing the color you should first mix the accent color, if you are using a creme hair color, squeeze out about 6 inches out of the tube. (Most hair color manufacturers have accent colors). Use 10 volume peroxide. (Use the correct ratio of mixing peroxide-developer and permanent hair color. They are not all mixed in the same ratio. Some are companies have it at 1:1 and some 1:2) .Anyway, take a little of the 10 volume developer and blend it with the accent color. Now you can add the dark ash blonde and the rest of the 10 volume peroxide.

Apply the permanent hair color evenly with a tint brush over the entire hair, section by section. Then let it process the required time. Manufacturers direction). The tricky part is to use the right amount of accent color. If you use too little your hair will still be a bit red. The purpose of the accent color is to neutralize the copper tone. And blue will neutralize the copper tone if you use the right amount. If you want to be really sure you could make a test strand. But make sure to dry it before judging the color. Take a little bunch of hair on the side of your head.

You can see that using this technique is much easier than having to remove the color. When you remove the color you are still not left with the right hair color. You will have to deal with getting rid of yellow and unevenness of color.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the easiest way to go blonde, using the supermarket haircolours?. My hairdresser won't do it for me.
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment