Monday, January 6, 2014

Can people with red hair have green eyes?

red hair and green eyes
 on ist2_3007376_beautiful_young_girl_with_red_hair_and_green_eyes.jpg
red hair and green eyes image



Cnono


I've never seen a person with red hair and green eyes? Is it possible?

p.s i couldn't figure out were to put this question so sorry if i put it in the wrong spot.



Answer
Totally possible. I know several people with red hair and green eyes. The two genes are completely unrelated and a person can have red hair with any color eyes. I have a cousin who has red hair and brown eyes. And I know a couple little kids with red hair and blue eyes. So really all three are possible, including all different shades of red. The hair is incredibly recessive, even moreso than blonde. And the eyes come from a mutation of the blue and brown genes.

What are the possibilities of my baby having red hair & light colored eyes ?

Q. i'm 8 months pregnant & i want to know so bad what my baby is gonna look like . the father has bright red hair & green eyes . i have dark brown eyes & hair . my father has light eyes & dark hair . my mother is like me . his parents both have redish hair & light eyes . i want to know the possibility of her getting her father's eyes & hair color .


Answer
Red hair is a recessive trait, so you would need to carry the gene for that in order for your baby to have it. If your father has green or blue eyes, then you would have inherited one of those genes from him, so there is probably a 50% chance of the baby having blue or green eyes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can people with red hair have green eyes?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment