Tuesday, January 7, 2014

help me choose clean up crew for salt tank?

red hair algae
 on FAQs about Red Algae/Rhodophyte Identification 3
red hair algae image



Billy B


i have a 20 gallon nano reef and i need a crew that can clean my green algae, red algae, hair algae and my brown diatom. yes i have that many algae in my tank. I already have 10 micron blue leg hermit that dont do shit they are like .1 inches lol and 3 turbo snails and 1 nasarius snail


Answer
Honestly, your algae is growing faster than your cridders can clean it. Helping them out by actually removing some on your own will help the tank. Adding too many more "clean up" guys is just going to over load your tank.

Your crew is in place. You can also try running phosphorus pads to help cut down on the algae.

Can I get rid of the redness on my face?

Q. I have naturally red hair, and I've noticed that with this hair, I also have red cheeks, they look very sunburnt and (in my opinion) ugly, is there any way I can get this removed, or possibly any medications or surgeries my doctor could prescribe?


Answer
Here are a few helpful, (and natural) hints for a better complexion for a lifetime:
- avoid touching your face throughout the day (dirt, bacteria, grease, etc.. from your hands can clog pores or cause infection)
- avoid any products with alcohol (internally or externally)
- only use gentle, alcohol-free cleansers on your face
- avoid scented soaps and creams
- have a daily facial cleansing routine (2x daily, morning & night. Do not scrub as this will irritate the skin)
- try a dairy milk face-soak during a flare-up (as long as you're not allergic) The dairy milk helps to balance the natural PH of the skin
- try using face lotion containing certified green algae (use lotion, not creams, as lotion is more gentle on the skin and absorbs more easily)
- avoid extended periods in direct sun (use sunblock with 15 - 30 spf)
- drink green tea, rose hip tea, and fennel tea (great antioxidants)
- eat foods high in anti-oxidants; such as blueberries, cranberries, purple grapes, broccoli, etc..
- avoid eating spicy foods and greasy foods
- find out what your own personal food "triggers" are and avoid them so you can avoid flare-ups of redness and acne. (many people find food with histamines aggravate the redness)
- avoid hot things. Hot showers & hot tubs, hot drinks (the heat will dilate blood vessels causing more redness)
- try to get at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep each night (aids in the healing processes of the body)
- try to cut down on stress (stress can magnify a multitude of conditions) :) :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: help me choose clean up crew for salt tank?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment