Friday, April 11, 2014

Why didn't the bright red hair color take on my black hair?




Ashanti


I have black hair. I just tried putting the bright red color on it and followed the instructions to a tee and it didn't even take. Didn't even leave highlights. How come? Thanks. IM and let me know please.
I have dyed black hair. Naturally, it is chestnut. I just tried putting the bright red color on it and followed the instructions to a tee and it didn't even take. Didn't even leave highlights. How come? Thanks. IM and let me know please.
So how can I make it take???



Answer
The reason it didnt take is because you can't lighten any hair color by dying it with another hair color.

The only thing that will lighten any hair color is bleach. After you bleach your hair lighter, another hair color like red will take and your hair will look like a combination of that color on bleached hair. (This can sometimes look pink or orange, instead of red)

If your hair is dyed black instead of natural black, even worse. Nothing in the world except a professional using bleach and heavy damaging haircolor stripping products will lighten the black enough to show another color.

Any drastic haircolor changes like that should always be done by a professional (or someone who has done this to their own hair sucessfully before)- if you mess up with bleach, you can destroy your hair, or burn it off at the roots. Good luck!

Does The Riveting Red Shampoo and Conditioner Change the Color of Black Hair ? ?




Estefania


Half of my hair is Black and the other Red i bought the products to help my hair color stay red longer but iwonder if the black hair will change color .


Answer
It will not change the color of black hair. I just recently dyed my hair red so I did a bunch of research on hair care, and the Riveting Red Shampoo and Conditioner deposit amounts of red to brighten up SPECIFICALLY red, strawberry blonde, etc. hair. It basically brightens up and keeps hair vibrant. Black hair would be way too dark for it to change anything. Plus, it doesn't have any chemicals in it so I can't imagine how it would change the color of black hair. But it does add moisture and decreases frizz, so it definitely won't hurt. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why didn't the bright red hair color take on my black hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment