Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Does anyone know of any spas in the chi........?

red 7 hair salon chicago
 on Chicago Salon - Do you have to use bleach for highlights?
red 7 hair salon chicago image



*sexy moch


that are african american owned, that are really nice I am tryn to find one to go to


Answer
Here is information on several African American Owned spas in the Chicago Area: You may want to see how the location works out for you, and review their websites. Reviews are mixed on all of them. Some of the reviews sounded like they came form disgruntled employees so take them with a grain of salt. Not much information on A Natural Touch Spalon. Hope this helps
http://www.spavelous.com

Bettye O Day Spa
Day spa offering massages, whirlpool baths, facials, manicures, pedicures, body scrubs, body wraps, hand 7 foot therapy, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy; Tue-Fri 10:30a-6:30p; 5200 South Harper Ave near Lake Park; 773-752-3600; http://www.bettyeodayspa.com
Wonderful, cost-effective spa!

10/20/2006 Posted by crewdiva
The spa has a friendly atmosphere and the services are fabulous. The aestheticians care about the individual customer: my skin gets red with a wax, and they showed concern and modified my treatment to relieve some of the discoloration. The Brazilian was as painless as it could be, and Laura, the waxer, is lightning fast and very detail-oriented.

02/21/2005 Posted by mizzk2u
I got a massage and facial at this spa on different occasions recently. I is a wonderful quaint spa. It has a great atmosphere and they don't try to be more than they are, they keep it real and simple. Which is why I highly recommend them. The staff is extremely professional and very skilled at what they do. My massage was so relaxing. The facial was absolutely amazing, you just have to get a facial, it is a must have. I didn't realize how soothing a facial could be. I will be going back.
Pros: Professional Staff, Good Value, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Street Parking

Eshe Day Spa and Salon
Audrey Mumphery's downtown spa has spectacular views of Millennium Park and is 4,000 square feet; Eshe means life, so indulge yourself at this inviting spa that uses a holistic approach to cater to your needs with relieving body treatments, facials and massages; they treat all spa guests to an aromatic foot soak and relaxing cup of tea before each treatment; Tue, Thu & Fri 10a-7p, Wed 11a-7p, Sat 8a-6p, Sun 11a-4p; 8 South Michigan Avenue, 2nd floor; 312-629-0376; http://www.eshedayspa.com
Agree with previous review

06/28/2007 Posted by spacrazi
The management here is very unfriendly and borders rude. Not a very relaxing atmosphere because of this.
the worst spa in chicago

02/07/2007 Posted by yazo
this spa was a horrible experience i was not greeted at the entrance and the esthetician i saw last time i was there had quit due to management being so rude to their employees this is a bad spa the owner audrie is mean and does not care about the customers satisfaction it is also unsanitary and they do not use aveda haircolor and claim to be an aveda spa they use cheap products and enjoy ripping people off and making you wait over a half hour for your service. If you go to this spa expect absolutely nothing you will hate the experience trust me do not go to this spa it is not worth your time or money......trust me
Pros: hair only
Cons: no aveda hair color rude staff cruel management cheap products
My Spa Visit

05/11/2006 Posted by qntman
I received a gift Certificate for a men's package to Eshe DAy Sap and Salon. It was a great experience. I was made to feel very comfortable (as a man , and this was my first time at a Spa but definately not the last). The customer service was extraordinary and the atmosphere was while professional , very friendly from the front desk to every service received.
Good job

02/09/2006 Posted by cheetarah
I am very picky about who I let do my hair, but this place was great, very quick and efficient. The stylist was friendly and so was everyone else. I felt like I had been coming to this place for years. It is a very welcoming environment. I will continue to go here for all my beauty needs
My Special Salon

08/22/2005 Posted by vinneyt
I began going to Eshe in 02/05 and on my first visit I made the decision to make Eshe the only place for me to go to receive all of my Beauty Services. My daugther Gabrielle and I went to Eshe's for a girls day out and it was her first time. Gabrielle loved the service and wants to bring here freinds for a visit. My daugther is only 15 years old and she already knows where to go for all of Beauty Services.
Pros: Great Owner, very freindly staff, Wonderful Spa


A Natural Touch Spalon
Offers full-body massage, facials, nails, body treatments, hair therapy and concierge services; a favorite with professionals is the spa parties; packages available; Tue-Fri 9a-6p, Sat 8:30a-3p; gift cards available; 2522 East 73rd Street; 773-221-6209; http://www.a-natural-touch.com



Honey Child Salon & Spa
Bambi Montgomery is the owner of this well regard spa; you can conveniently skip over here from a business meeting for a wide a range of facial, body, hand, feet, waxing, massage and hair treats; Tue-Wed 10a-6p; Thu-Fri 11a-9p, Sat 8a-6p, Sun 10a-6p; 735 North LaSalle Ave near Chicago; 312-573-1300; http://www.honeychildsalonandspa.com

Reviews Mixed For Hair pretty positive.
Cons: Parking, Expensive & Cancellation Policy
Waxing use Diana NOT RHONDA

The Space
Rich brown tones create a calming atmosphere at this three-level spa. Flowing cream sheaths cover windows, shielding guests from busy La Salle Street. Friendly and dressed mostly in stylish black, staff isn't too hip to be straight with advice. Honest opinions on hairstyles and skin treatments bring out your best.

The Services
Expert hair coloring or highlights will have strangers fooled, while your new cut will make you want to kiss the mirror. For naturally curly or chemically processed hair, try the Honey Quench. A lovely private area is reserved for massages like the Honey on the Rocks, which uses hot stones and hot honey oil to deep-treat muscles. Swedish, shiatsu and deep tissue massages are also available. The Honey Buns treatment combines Exfoliants, rich balms and warm paraffin for a supple rear end.

How can I get this hair color? (pictures included)?




bec


I have medium brown hair (picture: http://tinypic.com/r/2hnt9hl/7 ) and I want my hair this color: http://www.salonapprentice.com/chicago/chicago_log_in/user_images/ashlee-simpson-red-hair-color-1.jpg

I'm assuming I have to go to a salon so I'm wondering if they'd have to bleach it first (which is a deal breaker for me) and what service/process they would use (foil?) because I want some sort of price estimate before I go. Thanks!



Answer
Welllllllll if you have no hair dye in your right now like it's all natural, the bleach they would have to use would be a 20 or even a 10. The least hard one.. I guess? because it would pick up to your hair amazingly because it's new hair basically. It doesn't burn your scalp like the rest. This coming from experience. And it would only need to be on your hair for probably not longer than 20 minutes. They would then apply the red base, along with the toner. Then trim maybe like an inch or two off so there's no dead ends. You'd have to wash it with cold water and color treated shampoo if you want it to last.

red hair is A LOT of work. Lol. I was blonde and that was hard.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know of any spas in the chi........?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment