Thursday, August 29, 2013

What is the best way to dye my Brown hair red at home using over the counter products?

red hair color 2013
 on ... hair color. She arrives for X Factor with red hair using a LOreal
red hair color 2013 image



Jess


Please don't say "go to a professional" as I know that that is always the best option. At this time, I would prefer to do it at home for financial reasons. I have dyed my hair many times at home successfully when going darker brown. I am mainly wondering 1. Since my hair is a medium brown now, will I need to lighten it for a red to show up? 2. If so, what are the steps to complete that process? 3. What all will I need? (I'm more interested in buying things from Sally's then just buying a boxed color at Walmart and hoping for the best.)

Thank you in advance for any useful information!

Here is a link to the color I am wanting to go: http://www.besthairstyles2013.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/dark-red-hair-3.jpg



Answer
step one: your gonna have to buy bleach (hair bleach) and get you hair a blonde color this my take up to 45 minutes depending on how dark you hair is

step two: rinse out the bleach thoroughly!! and wash hair with shampoo and conditioner, blow dry hair

step three: put in red dye and follow instructions on box

hope this helps :)

Is it necessary to put foils through your hair before dying it blonde?




tess


I have red hair and a pixie cut, and want to go platinum blonde. My hairdresser says to go that blonde it will take at least 2 more sessions before she will dye it fully. So that comes to 2 months with awful foils scattered through my hair! I understand that she needs to take my current hair colour down to dye it, but i thought the process would be much quicker these days.


Answer
5-7-2013

NO.

You have short hair, so it's obvs gna b a quicker process. You DON'T need foils. You can do it yourself or go to another haircolorist. You don't have to wait 2 months. She just says that because it be more money for her and/or she's covering her ass (in case your hair falls out or something awful happens).


Here's what I would do:
Depending on how RED (vibrant red) your haircolor is, use a haircolor remover. Remove as much of the red as possible. Then, bleach your hair until it's at least yellow...but preferably keep bleaching until it's PALE yellow. Once you hit yellow or pale yellow, use a platinum hairdye -or- use a cool tone toner. Make sure you condition before and after you go platinum. Make sure you have a full-sized bottle of conditioner, a full-sized bottle of DEEP conditioner, a full-sized bottle of LEAVE-IN conditoner, a reconstructor (depending on your hair's health). Use the conditioner after you shampoo. Use the Deep conditioner weekly. Use the Leave-In conditioner before you blowdry or use hot hair tools. Try not to "tease" your hair as much after blonding it.

PS - I bet that blonde pixie look is gna look so cute/great!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best way to dye my Brown hair red at home using over the counter products?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment