Sunday, September 29, 2013

What percent of red heads get skin cancer?

red hair related
 on Red Hair - Photo 214407 / Coolspotters
red hair related image



Jacjak


My girlfriend who has red hair told me there's an 86% chance she will get skin cancer because of that. I don't believe her and I'm having a hard time trying to find this information.


Answer
I have never seen specific probabilities stated for the different risk factors for Melanoma. Red Hair is one of the risk factors that is a increased risk of Melanoma over black or brown hair. such risk factors are related to the genetics that red headed people are more likely to be fair skinned and their skin burns more easily than others. People with such risk factors (also many moles, Northern Europe decent (e.g. fair skin), blue eyes, family history of melanoma) means that they should be protective of their sun exposure and avoid sun burns.

What are the odds of my child being a redhead?




BeccaBoo


I'm blonde , my husband a red head. I know to have a redheaded child you need to have redheaded relitives which I have a few blood related ones, what are the odds of our child who im pregnent with ,having red hair .


Answer
To have a red haired child you have to carry the gene, if you do then it is 50% chance if you don't then it's 0%. Red hair is recessive so you must have 2 genes to have red hair, one from mom and one from dad, your husband has 2 red hair genes so he will pass 1 on to your child.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What percent of red heads get skin cancer?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment