Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What volume developer to use with Wella hair color?

red hair color number chart
 on Killer Strands Hair Clinic: Men & Hair Color  Professional Method ...
red hair color number chart image



Ms_LaLa


I have very dark brown hair and would like a true light brown color WITHOUT BRASSY RED TONES. I found the Wella Creme color I would like to use but I don't know what volume developer to use or how much. I am looking to get either the Wella Dark Blonde or Sunlight blonde in 2 oz. sizes. Is this enough for a whole head application? My hair is about 4 inches below my shoulder. Also I have only found 1 place on the web that sells these products to non-licensed individuals and that is beautyclicks.com. Unfortunately their offering of developers is very meager. Does anyone know of another site with a larger variety? Does it matter what developer you use and is Wella good for true color results when compared to the swatch? Thanks!


Answer
First off, be very careful doing a home job like this. The reason we are pros, is bc we have had alot of training to fix situations. But I will tell you what I can to help
From what I have exprienced wella is not too bad.
2 oz may do it depending on how think your hair is, but to be safe I would get 4. Mix up 2 to begin with, then if you need more, you can always mix more. If not, you have it left over for next time. With coloring yourself, it is very important to make sure you get all your hair saturated with the color, otherwise you will be left with patches of your color now.
Do you have color on your hair now? Anywhere from the roots to the ends? The reason I ask is bc color does not lift color. Basically if you have any color anywhere on your hair, it doesnt matter what developer you use, you will not get the desired result.
I obviously have no idea what your hair looks like so it is very hard to say what exactly to use. But if you can, find a swatch chart, and match your haircolor now with a number. if you are a dark brown you will probably be around a level 4. 10 volume developer will lift 1 level, 20 will lift 2, 30 will lift 3 and 40 will lift 4. This is not always exact thou depending on your hair.
As far as not having brassy red tones, I cant tell you. We are trained to be able to see your hair and know what to mix. And I dont know names of colors I know numbers. You want to steer clear of anything that says warm, gold, beige, etc, if you dont want these tones thou. Dont dip too much into anything with ash in it either. Otherwise it can tend to look green or gray.
This is very tricky business lifting hair. Everyones hair is diffrent. I would strongly suggest to try a test strand maybe on your neck line first. See how it comes out. Especially because if it doesnt turn out too well and you have to end up at a salon to have it fixed it can run into the $100s.
Good Luck!

What hair resembles outré brand color number 425?




philesha71


I usually buy outre brand hair weave. I was looking at milky way bulk hair for braiding this time I was wondering what color hair milky way provides that closely reseambles the outre 1b/425 which is their brightest red
Oh and yes I've seen the color charts I need answer because I can't see the hair from online



Answer
Face is cute. Please send me some photos of your bodacious ebony booty and breasts. Thanks!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What volume developer to use with Wella hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment