Thursday, November 14, 2013

What costume should i wear to a GoT meet and great?

red hair game of thrones
 on Esme Bianco Game of Thrones Season 3 Premiere Red Carpet ...
red hair game of thrones image



Anne


sorry about the length of this question!

I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend who could take someone with her to a meet and greet with some of the Game of Thrones cast, at the exclusive opening of the series' exhibition in the Netherlands.

she got a mail form HBO in which she was told that we wouldn't be allowed in (to the meet and greet thing) if we were not in (GoT themed) costume.
we do not have costumes and honestly I really don't want to wear a costume at all because we will have to travel by train for a few hours and i don't want everyone to look at us.
we are not the kinde of people who get all dressed up for these things and although I find nothing wrong with that, I know I would not be comfortable at all like that.

I really want to go to that meet and greet though so if there is no way around it, I will try to invent a costume.

my question to you is; do you have a idea to somehow be 'in theme' and dressed up like SOME character from the game of thrones series?

I hopefully will be taking pictures with actors etc. but wish to wear an outfit as normal as possible :P

I am a 18 yr old girl with a 'normal' body, I have long hair so might do some simple braids and call myself a 'danearys' but I am afraid that won't cut it :/

any tips?

(sorry if i made any mistakes, English is not my first language)



Answer
Well. We can already conclude that there will be a thousand Daenerys there. If you wanna stick with being a girl, theres:
Cersei-get a long blonde wig, medieval dress, and crown.
Arya- short brown wig, with a thin sword, and boy clothes
Sansa- long red wig with a pretty dress
Margaery- same as Sansa, long brown wig though
Asha/Yara (Theon's sister)- dress very masculine
Osha (Bran's wildling caregiver)- just look as ratty as possible

But it would be cool to flip it around and dress as a dude. I'd totally dye my hair half red half white (temporary of course) and go as Jaqen H'ghar.

By the way, I'm totally jealous of you! I hope you have a great time though! And forget the people on the train, they only wish they were going to a GoT party!!

ETA: I completely forgot about the Red Lady, Melisandre! Please go as her!
Long red wig, red dress, red cape... yes!

What is the BEST book series you have read?




Britt


I'm looking for a new series to read that isn't:
Harry Potter
The Hunger Games
Divergent
Game of Thrones(I want to read it but it has so many holds)
Percy Jackson
Or Twilight

I dont usually like vampires!

So what is the best series you have read? Maybe you can suggest me one? ^_^



Answer
Honestly, one of the best fantasy books I can recommend to anyone is The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a fully realized fantsay world, complete with its own system of magic. It starts a little slow but gets amazing very quickly. I highly recommend it.

My name is Kvothe, pronounced nearly the same as "quothe." Names are important as they tell you a great deal about a person. I've had more names than anyone has a right to. The Adem call me Maedre. Which, depending on how it's spoken, can mean The Flame, The Thunder, or The Broken Tree.

"The Flame" is obvious if you've ever seen me. I have red hair, bright. If I had been born a couple of hundred years ago I would probably have been burned as a demon. I keep it short but it's unruly. When left to its own devices, it sticks up and makes me look as if I have been set afire.

"The Thunder" I attribute to a strong baritone and a great deal of stage training at an early age.

I've never thought of "The Broken Tree" as very significant. Although in retrospect, I suppose it could be considered at least partially prophetic.

My first mentor called me E'lir because I was clever and I knew it. My first real lover called me Dulator because she liked the sound of it. I have been called Shadicar, Lightfinger, and Six-String. I have been called Kvothe the Bloodless, Kvothe the Arcane, and Kvothe Kingkiller. I have earned those names. Bought and paid for them.

But I was brought up as Kvothe. My father once told me it meant "to know."

I have, of course, been called many other things. Most of them uncouth, although very few were unearned.

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.

You may have heard of me.

So begins the tale of Kvotheâfrom his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, to years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe as a notorious magician, an accomplished thief, a masterful musician, and an infamous assassin. But The Name of the Wind is so much moreâfor the story it tells reveals the truth behind Kvothe's legend.
.....................................
If that's not to your taste, you might try one of the following websites:

Enter a book you like and the site will analyse its database of real readers' favourite books (over 32,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

http://tastekid.com/

http://goodreads.com/

http://www.gnod.net/

http://www.allconsuming.net/

Good luck finding a book, and happy reading!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What costume should i wear to a GoT meet and great?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment