Friday, May 30, 2014

Hair Color?




Fiona M


I have naturally dark brown hair but my skin is very light. I've colored it in the past and done highlights. I don't want to use permanent color anymore because I want to keep my hair healthy for as long as possible. Does the 28 day temporary color damage your hair? When it fades out does it leave your natural color? Is it possible to make my hair slightly lighter with a temporary color?


Answer
I'm not sure if the temporary color works well, but I do recommend using a color enhancing shampoo. I am just like you, where my hair is dark brown and I have a light skin color. Sometimes I buy the John Freida shampoo for blonde hair, and it brings out the golden tones. VERY PRETTY! You should also consider giving the shampoo for red hair a try because dark brown hair has a lot of red tones in it, whether you can see them or not. Using this shampoo would really enhance them.

dying red hair darker?

Q. I currently am a natural "ginger"- natural strawberry blonde hair, pale, freckled skin, and brown eyes. However, I want to dye my hair a darker, richer red. Any tips or suggestions? I plan on doing it myself so any color tips would be great!
I'm really wanting to go darker... especially with colder weather coming up, and I think darker makes health shine and look a lot healthier than lighter hair too. My concern is I have dark brown eyes but pale skin and everything I've found online classifies one or the other, not generally the dark eyes AND pale skin with k=inkish undertones.


Answer
I don't think I would dye it all over.

Dark red hair (any red, really!) looks fake on someone who wasn't born with it.

I think you could get a richer look by lowlighting. It's the same technique as highlighting but rather than lightening selected strands, you'd dye them a deeper color. For you, maybe a medium auburn? Don't go with anything too "cherry" looking or too bright. Your natural color is warm, and you'd want to stay within warm tones.

If you've never done highlights/lowlights yourself, it's easy if your hair is medium-length or shorter. You can buy frosting/tipping caps at beauty-supply stores (such as Sally) and you just pull small sections of hair through the pre-marked holes on the cap with the hook that comes with the cap.

If your hair is long, though ... you'd be way further ahead to have it professionally done. Pulling long hair through a cap is PAINFUL!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hair Color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment