Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How To Get Rid Of Natural Red/Auburn Hair Colour?




Gary


I have tried dying my hair brown many times, and it even has turned out black in the beginning. I have perfected my dye to an extent and I am able to keep it a constant darker colour, enough that my friends don't even realize I dye it. However the red will NOT go away. I know I know it is my natural colour and I cannot change that, and I should even "embrace" my beauty. But fuck that! In this day and age red hair is not a good thing. Girls look great with it and guys are looked at as losers, ugly, GINGERS. I know there is no way to permanently change it but what is the best way to make it as least bit noticeable as a red colour? I have read on the internet to use ash brown... ya that didn't work. Still red. I am even considering going blonde first and then brown but that is very risky because I want to keep it hidden that I dye it at all. Everyone thinks it has just naturally gone darker or they don't think about it at all. Also that could risk it becoming a completely different colour and I do not want that either. Please help me with a step by step procedure or anything. Thanks, Gary.


Answer
The problem with bleaching your hair first, is that when you dye over it with brown, it may turn to a greenish tinge. So I will give you steps on what I would do.

1. I actually would dye my hair as dark as possible with a permanent colour. Make sure it says permanent on the box, or it will not cover the red. Make sure you really pack on the colour and leave it on for at least 45 mins. Naturally red hair usually needs a long development time.

2. If you do not want to have it very dark, bleach your hair first. Then get a refresher red colour (I know this sounds strange as you want to reduce red, but I have a point I promise) apply the red refresher over the bleached hair. Rinse. Then apply a natural ash brown. You have to apply red refresher so that it does not turn a nasty greenish colour. If you colour over with an ash brown, you won't be able to see the red colour underneath, and you won't get a nasty green colour.

3. If you want to look natural, and you don't want to look like you dye your hair, always go with ash colours. Good Luck!

is there a natural way to get hair back to original color?




thequestio


ihad black hair and i dyed it a medium brown/red and now the roots are coming in but i don't want to dye my hair again b/c i didn't like how the dye made my hair dry. is there a natural way to make the color go back normal?


Answer
Cut your hair. Your natural color returns from the roots, so those dyed ends will never change back on their own. The longer your hair is, the longer it will take for your new hair to catch up with the older, dyed hair. Trimming off at least a couple inches will get rid of split ends, over-processed hair, and make the transition to your former color faster. For hair that's been severely damaged, or for drastic changes like blonde to black, you might consider a much shorter cut to get rid of as much of the dyed hair as possible.
Step
2
Highlight your hair during the transition period. Use double color highlights to match the old and new colors. A natural brunette growing out blonde hair should add blonde highlights to break up their dark roots. Add a second highlight in the natural brown color to break up the blonde ends and mesh with the darker roots. As the hair grows out, add less and less blonde highlights until the natural color prevails.
Step
3
Dye your hair back to the original color. This is the fastest and most seamless way to return your hair back to its natural color. Let your hair grow out at least an inch, so your natural color can be matched to the corresponding dye. Cover the whole head. As the hair grows out, it will match the dyed ends.
Step
4
Work gradually from dark to light. If you dyed your hair a very deep color and now want to get back to light brown or blonde, it's best to work in stages. Trying to strip away all the old dye at once can often lead to uneven or unexpected results. Use highlighting or solid dye to go from black to dark brown. Then, lighten to medium brown, moving to lighter shades until you reach your original color.
Step
5
Consider semi-permanent dyes. Semi-permanent dyes are good for transitioning, as they gradually fade out with washing. This fade-out process lessens the time you have to grow out the artificial coloring.
Step
6
Visit a professional, especially for drastic changes. A professional colorist has years of experience and high level products at her disposal. It's easier for her to look at your hair from above to identify your natural color, and then mix a perfectly matching transitional dye to achieve your goals. She'll also know how to avoid over-dyeing or over-stripping your hair, as well as how to work with your specific hair type.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How To Get Rid Of Natural Red/Auburn Hair Colour?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment