Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to completely change my style without seeming like a poser?

red hair quotes tumblr
 on Pin Hair Dye Manic Panic Punky Colour Yakpak Punk Wallets Super Heroes ...
red hair quotes tumblr image



Sarah


I guess I'll get this out of the way, for years I've lived in sweats and such, and I've been getting things to change my style into that of a tumblr girl. II really love what I'm becoming because it feels like it's my style. No, I'm not a poser. I'm not doing this to be cool or liked. I'm doing this because I genuinely want to and I love the style. Because I am very socially anxious and awkward I have no clue how to change my style without people notice the transition.

I have everything need (skinny jeans, leggings, sweaters, red lipstick, mascara, thick brown hair and the base of a bedroom, complete with a bed, desk and book case) but I am puzzled as to what to decorate my bedroom with, and as to what else I can incorporate into my wardrobe to complete my desired style. Also, if you have any hair/makeup tips, that would be extremely helpful, but I think I can manage by myself if you don't have any.

Just to help you, this is a link to a room I like:
http://data.whicdn.com/images/47489225/tumblr_mfrpjqi7re1qjgz4ho1_500_large.jpg
And here's a link to some clothes I like:
http://www.polyvore.com/jadsf/set?id=65757739
http://www.polyvore.com/sdfghjhyuasdhjsf/set?id=63380817

So just to recap: how to start/do the whole change, any style tips and decorating tips would be appreciated.

Thank you so much ^_^



Answer
I don't think people will just immediately assume you're a poser, people change their styles all the time, it's just something you do until you find out what you like.

I changed my style about a year ago, and i just went right into it. It's a little easier if you start your change right after a break or a weekend, because then you've been away from people for a little bit and then you just come back all new. I'd just jump right in, your style is a way to express yourself, and if you think this style is you then show everyone else that :)

Style tips:
--maybe dye the tips of your hair, that seems to be pretty popular among my tumblr friends
--wear beanies :)
--fun shoes also seem to be pretty popular for this look (heels, boots, or patterned flats)
--i think the red lipstick look only works well if you have a fair complexion
--piercings are also pretty popular with this look, but you don't have to go that far

Honestly just have fun with the look, don't get so wrapped up in what the style actually is, just make it your own

Room Ideas:
--take a bunch of sharpies (or paint) and write your favourite quotes or poems or lyrics on the the walls
--christmas lights
--print out allll your favourite photos and make a photo wall
--my friend decorated a whole wall with sticky notes with reminders of her favourite things or memories.


good luck!

What is a good tumblr name for me?




Meredith C


Some stuff about me:)
I am a girl who loves dance, music, fashion, movies, beauty, and celebs. My tumblr blog will probably be pics and sometimes videos involving those topics. I love quotes too:) my favorite singer is Taylor swift and I love cool sayings and quotes! Please help me think of a cool, unique, and creative name for tumblr that actually makes sense! Also, I have red hair.:)



Answer
FearlesslySpeakingNow13
ForeverAndAlways
DarkBlueTennessee
ThereIsNothingIDoBetterThanRevenge
ILoveTaylorSwift13
DanceLikeNoOnesPuttingItOnYouTube
SingAndDance
GingerNinja (couldn't resist!)
IWasEnchantedToMeetYou
AndTheySaidSpeakNow
SpeakNowOrForeverHoldYourPeace
InMyBestDressFearless
SingLikeNoOnesListening
Swiftie4Life
HeyItsMe
AllYoureEverGonnaBeIsMean
CozWhenYoureFifteen
NextToARedheadNamedAbigail
WhyYouGottaBeSoMean
OurSongIsTheSlamminScreenDoors

Hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to completely change my style without seeming like a poser?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment