Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Looking for Young Adult novel from the 70s or the 80s?

70s red hair
 on Haircut Styles That Are Always Trendy | Best Hairstyles Trends for ...
70s red hair image



Girlwonder


It's a teen girl coming-of-age book. I think the protagonist had red hair, and maybe her parents were getting divorced or were separating. There is a scene where the girl, her mom, and others smoke marijuana, and then eat coffee ice cream with chocolate chip cookies. I think the cover of the book (at the time) was pink with an illustration of the girl sitting on her bed with all of her stuffed animals?


Answer
Title: The Pistachio Prescription by Paula Danziger

What's the difference between 1940's and 1950's hair and makeup styles?




G


I've watched some makeup tutorials on YouTube, and seen that style elsewhere, and sometimes it's attributed to 40's and other times, 50's. The curly hair, red lip, thick liner with a flick.

Anyone know the difference (if there is one!)?



Answer
Before I answer this, let me just say Old Hollywood is my passion. I watch movies from 1910s-70s every. single. day. So I have seen hundreds of movies, and most from 30s, 40s, and 50s..so I have experience with this subject lol

There's not a difference in makeup from the 40s and 50s. The only change from 30s to 40s to 50s are the hairstyles and clothes.. (such as pin curls were only popular in the 20s and 30s and NOT the 40s.) ..and eyebrows. (Thicker eyebrows started coming back in the 40s, but before that they were tweezed/waxed to a thin arch.)

In the 1950s, a lot more women (particularly teenagers) started to wear their hair down and wavy (never more than shoulder length). Don't get me wrong, a lot still wore victory rolls (Those curly rolls you see on the women's heads), but this was leading into the late 60s, and by then victory rolls were nonexistent (on the younger generation, anyways.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for Young Adult novel from the 70s or the 80s?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment