Sunday, August 11, 2013

What are the genetics of hair color and eye color?

red hair color ideas for blue eyes
 on Supermodels Super Models - Top Models - DanDee (supermodels ...
red hair color ideas for blue eyes image



Colin


Hello,

I am writing a story in which the main character has red hair and green eyes.

His father has blond hair and blue eyes, and I have not decided on his mother.

The mystery in the story revolves around the fact that the son does not know these are his real parents, because he was taken away at birth.

If I make the mother with red hair and green eyes, it will be very obvious to the reader that she is the mother of the main character.

So, can I make the hair color of the mother something other than red? Can I make her eye color something other than green?

Could it be possible that the son inherited these characteristics from a grandparent?

I do not have any knowledge of genetics, and if some scientific person could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.



Answer
Well I'm not 'some scientific person' but i do know that yes it is possible for her to have different coloured hair/eyes from her son. We actually had a biology lesson on genetics in school just a few weeks ago.

Also,my cousin has red hair and blue eyes whilst his mother and father are both brunettes and both have green eyes.His grandfather on the other hand was red headed before his hair turned white.I have no idea where he got his blue eyes from.

Hope i was of some help and good luck with your story.

What's the best hair color for blue eyes and fair skin?




shnickers


I have dark blonde hair with highlights, blue eyes, and rosy fair skin. I want to go brunette but I'm not sure what the best shade for me is. Any ideas? Also, will the color where my highlights are be lighter?


Answer
any colour looks good.
blonde, red, brown, black.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the genetics of hair color and eye color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment