Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Can you use Splat or manic panic hair dye without bleach?

red hair chalk
 on HairCom Colour Chalk DIY Temporary Hair Colour - Red - Salon Supply ...
red hair chalk image



Jessica


I am thrilled with hair chalk, my cousin has some hair dye she has not used in a while. Can I use it without bleach. If i do need bleach how viberant will it be without it. My hair is black, the dye is a greenish blue.


Answer
If you try this, you will need to wash your hair very thoroughly to remove oil so the dye can penetrate.

Given the color of your hair and the color of the dye you listed above, the best you can hope for are some probably ugly drab greenish lowlights. Not highlights, since you aren't bleaching, just a subtle drab undertone.

I'd strongly suggest against it.

Maybe red dye for a bit of a red, or bright blue dye for a sort of Indy tone, but definitely not green or a mixture. Your avatar suggests you have darker skin and green will NOT be a flattering color for you even as a subtle undertone.

What is a good brand for temporary hair dye?




Awesome


i want to dip die my hair or tie dye the ends. I am not allowed to permanently dye my hair. I want to find dye that won't damage my hair. the look i am going for is http://www.tomoson.com/uploads/promotions/015597872cf3d4add3cb8974b58a67eda5876ddf.jpg or something like http://amomsrantings.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hairChalk.jpg i was going to do hair chalk but it only lasts about a day. i wanted to try something that lasts at least one week. my hair is medium brown.
My hair stains really easily and i did try kool aid before and it stained my hair. i had to get it cut out.



Answer
I have light brown hair and what i did was dye a piece of my hair red with kool aid! It works really well and it is temporary.There are many ways to go about this and all i did was...

1. Boil a cup of water on the stove.
2. Pour it in a cup or bowl and add the unsweetened kool aid packet of your choice. For more vibrate colors use 2 or 3 packets.
3. Stir it all up and let it cool just a little
4. Dipped my hair in the kool aid mixture and let it sit in there for about 5-7 minutes and then pull it out but be super careful because it can be super messy and stair a lot of stuff and get all over your skin
5. Blow dry your hair and see how it looks :)

Some of the dye will come out when you first wash your hair but the rest of the color will stay in. Usually it last a week maybe 2. if you don't want it to last too long i wouldn't leave your hair in the bowl for a long period of time. And if you just wash your hair a lot it will come out faster. If you really want it out quick there are tons of videos on youtube and just info online about how to get it out.

I just recently dyed a couple strands of my hair (like i said red, i used 3 packets of cherry unsweetened) and i left my hair in for a long time like 20 minutes and my dye is still super vibrate and i dyed it over 2 weeks ago.

Just remember its messy and to use UNSWEETENED kool aid. There are a bunch of videos on youtube for more ways to do this but this is what i found to be the most effective.

Good luck and have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you use Splat or manic panic hair dye without bleach?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment