Friday, December 13, 2013

Should I get red streaks or red tips?

red hair color box
 on Dark Auburn Hair Color
red hair color box image



Saffron


I have dark brown hair and I'm going to use a red 'Splat' hair color box. I don't know if I should get red streaks or tips. And will it work out well considering my dark hair?


Answer
red tips. ONE red streak would look good (on the underneith of your hair -
http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/NOVEMBER/Natalie/stephpratt2.jpg )

but if your doing multiple streaks throughout your entire head like this
http://images1.43places.com/entry/378283pw150.jpg then i would not. having an unatural color like that (red, pink, blue, green) streaked throughout your hair doesn't look good in my opinion, but i'm all for the tips!
or you could try dying all the underneith portion of your hair the red color.

How will my hair colour turn out?







I am about to dye my hair, the colour im dying it is a dirty blonde. The box says if you have red hair the colour will turn out a red blonde. I have bits of red in my hair, I'm also using 2 boxes. Will it still turn out red or can the dye by any chance over power the bits of red?


Answer
I just did this and it went horribly. I went to a hair dresser. And the only thing she did was mix in a toner with a blonde hair dye not bleach. And you really really want to get an ash blonde not one with red in it unless you want brassy or coppery colour.
Also she recommended that I get a purple shampoo. I am pretty sure this is just shampoo for blondes with a little bit of toner in it. It is actually purple in colour.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I get red streaks or red tips?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment