Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Retouching Red Ombre Hair?




RoseInABou


On new years eve I did a Red ombre on my hair. Brunette on the top going into a red. It still has most of it's color but, I was wondering if I could do a touch up before I go on vacation in a week. I originally used L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Reds for Dark Hair Only in Red Hot. Also when I did it first I didnt get all the parts that I wanted. Is there a different brand I could use to touch it up and color the parts I missed? Or should I just use the brand I already used again? Would it get like extremely red if I used the same one?
Also is there a good brand with small amounts of dye because in the L'Oreal it's a bigger tube of coloring. I don't wanna have to make the entire thing and waste most of it. I don't need that much coloring.



Answer
I would recommend use the same brand, and here's why
some red and black dyes from some specific brands use a metallic base, so if you had a non metallic and use a metallic then the color will stain, or if it's the other way around, you had a metallic base and use a non metallic, the color may wash off too soon, also the different levels of chemicals between brands may damage your hair.
Also remember that even if the box says that the ''tone'' is the same, it may resolve to a slightly different hue once applied, happened to me with the same shade of blonde in two different brands, both claimed to be ''10-1'' but the first one i tried was a beautiful silvery color and the second brand turned out a little greenish... not the platinum i was looking for!
If someone has recommended a brand that is very very good and moisturizes your hair, then give it a try, but if possible, stick to the one brand that treats your hair gentler.
If you're afraid of your hair ending up a flaming exaggerated red, then leave it on for half the time stated in the instructions, anyway you're only doing a touchup and there isn't a root that needs extra time, so instead of, let's say 20 minutes, leave it on for 10, rinse it and if you haven't gotten to the desired intensity, dry your hair and do it again for another 10 minutes... good thing is hair is fairly easy to fix, and even if it's ruined, you can cut it off and let it grow back again!
you don't need to prepare the whole thing. to avoid waste, use a plastic container, use equal amounts of both parts of the formula and an old toothbrush to mix and apply it, close the unused parts very tightly and store them in a dry cool place, the reason i say plastic is to avoid the dye to oxidize and turn out a different tone in your hair... remember to use and save the gloves for the next time you want to do it. if the formula remains UNMIXED, then nothing will happen to it as long as it's very well closed and stored. and if you're a little short on the mix, you can always prepare more!

Purple to red ombre hair?




Jasmine Co


I really want to try The dip dye hair style. I'm just not sure if both purple and red will clash and make me look like a clown.


Answer
purple and red would look weird together! u should do black hair with purple or red!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Retouching Red Ombre Hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment