Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Right red hair color?




angelica


So, I've been dying my hair red, but I want an really vivid hair color! Like ariel (; and I don't want to use manic panic or splat. My hair is light brown right now because during summer I let my hair breathe, and I want to have red for school, but I don't want it to fade into that ugly orange blonde, that's so skanky! And I have pale skin, with alittle tint to it and dark green eyes, with natural red lips that have that huge angelina jolie pout (and yeah I really do!) What do you think?


Answer
I recently found a gem for bright red hair color! L'Oreal Excellence HiColor in Red Hot my peekaboo highlights came out fire engine red, its an intense color but I've seen ppl on youtube do it all over their hair and it looks so cool. Here's the link for the products website: http://www.lorealtechnique.com/hicolor_01.shtml

I didn't need to use a developer or bleach cause my hair was already orange blonde (I was "skanky" for a couple of days lol) from fade out from previous bleaching, so i just mixed the creme with the red intensifier and left it on my hair for 15 minutes instead of 30min since my hair was already lightened. Its an awesome product! On sale at Sally Beauty buy 2 get 1 free its like $6 and some change.

I also recommend Riveting Reds shampoo ($5 @ Sally Beauty) to keep the red longer and Matrix Biolage Colorcaretherapie conditioner which keeps hair hydrated and frizz free. When I first color my hair instead of the regular conditioner I use One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner its .99 at Sally Beauty.

After coloring, don't forget to wash your hair in tepid to cold water to keep your hair follicles from expanding and releasing the color.You will want to rinse till the water runs clear in the shower/sink.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

why does my red hair coloring keep coming out?







My mom did everything the box said. But 3-4 weeks later when I go to dry it I find more red in the towel! When I look into the mirror I see red but also brown which was my previous hair color! So that's proof that the red is coming out. I use head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner from a previous hair coloring box. Other colors that I had (carmel color, blond) didn't come out!?!? I don't understand what went wrong. I love the red hair color so I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what's wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks =)


Answer
I hear ya(: I used to have beautiful dyed red hair & this is how I maintained it.

1. First try to stay out of the sun, this fades your hair color, & also turns it into a brassy kind of red which doesn't look very nice. If you are going into the sun, try wear something like a hat or a scarf to protect your hair. You can also try putting conditioner or sunblock into your hair, this way the sun won't penetrate it. The sun can dry out your hair as well, who wants a head full of dry frizzy red hair? You see more damage on red hair than darker hair, so take a lot of precautions.

.2. Always after you color your hair, try to use a shampoo/conditioner that is for color treated hair. People always feel that they shouldn't use a certain product, but in most cases from being a hairdresser myself I feel that you should. It doesn't mean you have to use the most expensive products out there, you can use some of the cheap products as long as they are for color treated hair. To tell you the honest truth some of the cheaper products are so much better on the hair. Some products that are really good are the generic brand for matrix which is put out by suave, john Freida product, Pantene products etc. I think you get the point I am trying to get across.

3. Another tip is to not wash it so often, this will fade out the red, & you will have recolor it sooner than you thought. I have noticed that when I color a clients hair that I have to redo it around 6 weeks later, & refresh it in between. Try to wash it 2 times a week, that way you'll save money.

4. To refresh it yourself you can buy a red color that matches, mix the color with shampoo in a bottle, apply it to your head & wait 8 minutes or so, then rinse it out well & apply conditioner on it. Or if you don't feel confident enough then buy a red shampoo hair color, that works as enhancer to your red hair, there are many brands to help you until your next hair appointment.

Good luck!
-xoxo Rawry




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Right red hair color?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment