Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Could I have got my genes from my grandfather?

red hair color genetics
 on ... red henna hair color, celebrity red hair color, genetics hair color
red hair color genetics image



lauren


I have light brown eyes, and thin lips and a pointy nose and I have a really southernish redneckish accent and a lot of people mainly black make fun of me about this. I have a sandish brown red hair color. An my hair is like a biracial paersons hair. My grandfather was mixed race and my great grandfather was white. Could I have got this features from him? My dad is black and my mom is 1/4 white I don't what other races. Could I have got these traits from grandfather?


Answer
You can get genes from all you direct ancestors, although you would need to research genetics or repost in a science/biology category for more information as genetics is not genealogy....................................

What most likely will my child's eye and hair color be?




Zach H


I am in a genetics class right now and we are talking about the Dominent and recessive traits. I'm not too good at it myself, so I was hoping someone could help me out. Anyways, My hair and eye color is Brown and blue, where as My Girlfriends is Red and Blue. Could someone tell me of what could our baby's eyes and hair color would be?


Answer
There is no way to tell for sure. Hair and eye color are polygenic traits meaning that the phenotypes for these traits are controlled by multiple genes. Brown hair is the most dominant trait for hair in this situation so it is the most likely and red is very recessive, so it is highly unlikely. In terms of eye color, your baby will probably have blue eyes although other colors such as green are possible outcomes.

If you are asking this because you are worried that your girlfriend's baby is not also yours, this is not a valid way of telling because of all the uncertainty that comes with polygenic traits. Blood typing is a better method, although that too can also be uncertain.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could I have got my genes from my grandfather?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment