Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How do I make my red hair colour warmer without dyeing it again?

red hair color ideas with highlights
 on 2011 Hair Color Trends - Summer Hair Colors - ELLE
red hair color ideas with highlights image



Cha Cha


I dyed my hair a warm copper red, but it turned out as a cherry, violet, cool shade of red instead. How can I add a bit of warmth to my hair colour without buying yet another box of hair dye. Are there copper rinses or anything like that?


Answer
I don't believe so. You can try highlighting, or maybe using henna, but I suppose that still counts as dyeing. If I were you, I would wait another week (at least. Dyeing hair so closely together is never a good idea.), then use a red dye that specifically says 'warm'. L'Oreal sells these. Their "Feria" haircolor line has different shades that are categorized as "warm", "cool", or "neutral." They have very pretty, prismatic dyes that almost seem highlighted, due to the tones the dyes offer.

Good luck!

How to dye naturally black/very dark brown hair to a medium brown with caramel highlights?




Syd


My natural hair color is very dark brown-almost black. I had it dyed with red highlights a couple of weeks ago- they lifted the dark color where the highlights are and dyed them red. I now want to dye my hair medium brown with caramel colored highlights. How do I do this myself? How do I get the red color out and then dye my hair the medium brown with the highlights? This is the color I want my hair: http://woohair.com/id12880/hair-color-ideas-400x400-pixel.html


Answer
If you can afford it, get it done professionally at a salon. If not, there are 2 methods you can use.

The first one is using a cap. This is the easier method.
You can buy a special highlighting cap from a regular drug store.
You put it on your head and it has holes in it. You basically take a stick and pull out strands of hair though the holes in the cap. You can decide on the thickness of each strand and the amount of strands you want highlighted. When the strands are pulled out, you take your hair dye and put it on the strands that are sticking out of the cap. Follow the instructions on the box WITHOUT removing the cap until AFTER you wash your hair.

The second method is foils. This one is harder but looks better.
You hair to buy special highlighting foils. You will have to know the exact placement of the highlights. You take a strand of hair and put in on top of one foil. Then you put hair dye on it and seal it with another foil. Repeat for desired amount of strands/highlights. Leave dye in for designated amount of time (Should say on the box). Take the foils out and wash your hair.

You could also but a hair dye kit that will come with everything you need and instructions.

As for which hair dye to get:
Pretty much any regular hair dye should work, just make sure the colour isn't a lot lighter or darker than your current hair colour. If it's too dark, it could make your hair turn dark red. If it's too light, it's gonna end up being a very ugly, gingery colour. So for very dark brown hair, I would suggest you go for a medium golden brown as the caramel or light brown may be a too light and you won't get the desired effect. The word 'golden' is key because although it's not light, it will still have that shine to it, making it seem lighter than it really is, and contrasting nicely with your dark brown hair.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I make my red hair colour warmer without dyeing it again?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment