Thursday, September 12, 2013

How do I make sure my new red hair stays that way?

red hair color molecules
 on Hair Clinic: Every Single Person on Planet Earth Has Brown Hair ...
red hair color molecules image



JDub


I dyed my hair red the other day and it looks awesome, but I'm afraid to wash it because I'm worried about the color running out. Any tips to keep my color vibrant?


Answer
Wash it with shampoo for red hair... the salon kind (NOT John Frida) Also, rinse it with cool water and don't use heat very often. The red molecule is bigger than normal color molecules so it won't stay in like brown would, it will always fade pretty quick, sorry.

Is hair dye from Sally's Beauty Supply better than box dye that you'd buy at a drugstore?




Stefanie


I wanna dye my hair like a brown red/ burgundy hair color and i was wondering if the dye from sally's is better than the one you would buy at a drug store? As in would it fade out as quickly as the drug store dyes or would it stay in longer?
Thanks! (:



Answer
I think I might be qualified to give you a professional opinion, and it might surprise you.
I've been a licensed hairdresser, salon & beauty supply manager for over 15 years. I have used probably nearly every type of product, both professional and over the counter. Sally's does sell brands intended for professional use, available to the public. You can also buy the developer strength you want as well as pre-treatments for porous ends, and good deep conditioners, and sealants to lock in color. You can custom mix colors too (if you know what you're doing). And it's cheaper to do yourself than paying me. I just hope your local Sally's has someone working who actually knows hair and hair products and can give you good advice on what to buy and how to use it. If the person there has had no cosmetology training, they are usually no more knowledgeable than the clerk at the local Walmart who sells L'Oreal dye kits
Incidentally, L'Oreal is not a bad product, and I occasionally use it or recommend it to clients.
I would not recommend cheap hair dyes like Clairol Balsam Color, but L'Oreal isn't bad at all.

<edit>
another tip to help retain color, especially reds, is to wash & rinse in the coldest water you can stand, the cold helps close the cuticle tightly and keep the color from slipping out as quickly.
Red color molecules are the smallest and tend to slip faster than darker shades.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I make sure my new red hair stays that way?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment