Thursday, September 12, 2013

What would the effect of taking melanin supplements have on my red hair?

best red hair color for you
 on Best Hair Color 2012 for Skin Tone | NEW SEASON HAIRSTYLES
best red hair color for you image



Joseph P


First off, I have no interest in changing my natural red hair color. I have a shade many people dye their hair to get. Anyway, I learned that red hair is caused a a lack of melanin. I was simply wondering if melanin supplements would change it at all or just darken it?


Answer
PABA
PABA or para-aminobenzoic acid is a chemical component of pteroylglutamic acid, also known as folic acid. PABA is often used topically to provide protection to the skin from the sun. Expert opinions differ on whether the chemical should be considered a vitamin on its own or if it is just a component of the B-complex family of vitamins. Some herbalists suggest taking PABA supplements to help reverse the redness of the hair process. This recommendation seems to be based on a very small and dated study published in the December 1950 issue of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology in which a researcher noted a change in hair color in approximately 25 percent of the 20 patients he treated with PABA for other conditions. It is important to consult with your doctor before taking PABA supplementation, because PABA is stored by the body and can build to toxic levels if taken in excessive quantities.

see more information in my website

How do I keep my red hair from fading so fast?




Tara


I've been dying my hair a very red hair color (Loreal Paris Feria, Ruby Red) and it fades in about a week or two and it dries my hair out. How do I prevent it from doing this or at least make it last a little longer?

People have told me to use shampoo and conditioner without sulfate. If that's the case, what would you recommend if you use that?

I love this color and I want to keep it! Thank you!



Answer
Its fading due to dryness (which you already know because your hair is dry right now, lol). To prevent this you should use shampoos and conditioners formulated for color treated hair and moisturize it intensely. I can not stress that enough.

MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE.

I suggest Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo and Conditioner. Also, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Shampoo and Condish. The Shampoo contains low sulfates.

I also recommend deep conditioning treatments like Aussie 3 min deeeeeep conditioner and Aussie Moist conditioner. Leave in conditioners help as well.

Also, if you MUST wash your hair every other day and can not avoid it, skip the shampoo and use conditioner instead. This is known as "co-washing". Then at the end of the week use shampoo to get all the gunk out and use conditioner afterwards.

Homemade conditioners are great too. Mix one egg, honey, olive oil(or coconut oil) and mayo. Keep it in for 10-15 mins under a shower cap to allow heat to generate from your scalp. This opens up the cuticles and allow it to penetrate deeper.

And if you want more red without the dryness try Hibiscus Tea/Powder. Hibiscus is known to enhance/create red tones. The tea you can buy at stores. After making it allow it to cool. Pour it over your hair, keep it in for 30 mins to an hour and rinse. As for the powder, add conditioner to it and use it like a mask. Keep it in for as long as you like before rinsing it out. The good thing is, no matter how long you leave it in (unlike hair dye) it wont damage your hair. Leave it in over night if you like and then wash it out the next day.

email me @ skittlesyumsmcgee@yahoo.com if I wasnt too clearly on something.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What would the effect of taking melanin supplements have on my red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment