Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Is the red hair gene dominant or recessive in natural-born redheads?

red hair dominant gene
 on ... hair because u would have to have both red hair genes, and no dominant
red hair dominant gene image



Miz


Ok so i know that the red hair gene is referred to as MC15 and is recessive in blonds, brunettes, and black-haired people. What about natural born redheads? Im a natural born redhead and i wanna try for children in the future. Since the redhead gene has to come from both sides of the family (both my grandmothers were also natural-born redheads) does that make the redhead gene dominant in natural born redheads? If not, why? Also, what is my chance of having redheaded children in the future?


Answer
Researching our genalogy is about looking at the records our ancestors generated during their lifetime, so names, dates, places we do not know what colour hair they had unless on the occassional record such as a military record it tells us, so genealogy is nothing to do with genes, that would be biology/science so you are best to ask in the biology category.............

Do any other black people have naturally red hair like me?




Jennifer


I have red (OK ginger then) hair and I'm black.

I wondered if you have this too ever seen this before or know how it occurs? I've seen black with kind of blondy brown hair but never red like me.

So I wondered are red hair genes dominant to black hair genes? My mum has red hair (Scottish) as she is white but my dad is black (Barbadian) with black hair so it's pretty much impossible that he carries a red haired gene.

My hair is curly too (biracial curly).



Answer
yes, i know a couple of black people with red hair with the freckles to match. red hair is a recessive trait and their is a chance that your father carries a red hair gene. just about everyone has another race in their heritage whether they know it or not, especially black people




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is the red hair gene dominant or recessive in natural-born redheads?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment