Friday, January 24, 2014

Is brown hair/brown eyes the most common combo, even in the Caucasian race? ?

red haired actress over 40
 on Celebrity Beauty Secrets Exposed! | ifood.tv
red haired actress over 40 image



HostessaM


I have dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. I wear brown contacts because the green in my eyes really stands out when I wear bright clothing, and I think brown looks more natural (also because I have blue carpet and brown are much easier to find when I drop them!). I wear self tanners because I hate how pale my skin looks in the winter. Iwant a little color. I never end up looking tan, but my mom always tells me I look like Maria Menudos, JLO, or some Hispanic actress when I have my sunless tanner on. I'm not trying to look like another race. Sometimes, it's just good to have a change. My eyes were always brown, but have gotten greener as I've gotten into my 20s. My dad is mostly French (1/4 English) so he has the Mediteranean features, olive skin and black hair. I have the same features, hair, but my mom's side's pale skin and green eyes. I don't like the contrast, it's that simple, though I always go back to the pale skin at least b/c even the light tint I get from tanners is hard to maintain.

I don't think I look Hispanic...are dark-skinned, dark haired and eyed ppl assumed to be non-white? Isn't this combo the most common even in the white race? In small town midwest, that may not be true b/c of all the Scots-Irish ancestory. People here are so simple; dark skin, eyes, etc. = non-white. Are folks like this everywhere? I lived in an urban area where there was a small but growing Latino population. Latinos greet each other in a certain way; I was greeted like this a couple times (and this was with my natural eye color and a light tan from the summer sun). I don't mind being mistaken for or told I look Latino - I just don't get the leap that because one tans or wears colored contacts, they're Latino or trying to be Latino. Do most people automatically equate dark features with non-white? I know Hispanics can be white, tho most in the U.S. appear to be mixed with the more indigenous features versus Spanish (European).



Answer
I have exactly the same colouring as you btw, though my skin is actually a pale olive (stays very light in cloudy weather but will tan in the sun without burning.)
Brown eyes and brown hair are indeed the most common colour combination in Europe. The med/south has the highest rate, British isles is about 50% brown eyes with varying shades of brown hair ; Ireland about 40% brown eyes but higher amounts of very dark hair,even black (waaayy more than red!),and then as you go north you start getting higher amounts of fair hair and blue eyes.
The blue eye gene is fairly recent, only about 10,000 years old and probably came from ONE person.The original inhabitants of Europe all had brown hair/eyes in varying shades.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is brown hair/brown eyes the most common combo, even in the Caucasian race? ?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment