Friday, January 24, 2014

Where to buy good quality red hair dye?

red hair color box
 on box braid bun2 | Last Hair Models , Hair Styles
red hair color box image



Neira


Hi everyone,

I would like to know where to buy good quality red hair color. At the moment, my hair is longer then shoulder-length. The color is medium ash brown with 2-3 inches light tips (colored with L'Oreal's Medium Ombre). The only reason I colored it like that is because I am 31 and I feel like I shouldn't do crazy hairdos or colors anymore, but all this time I am feeling like something is missing. So, I decided to put red over it, so that my brown hair is actually auburn and my tips are screaming crazy red, with a few highlights here and there.
I have problems finding a good red hair color. I've just ordered a jar of Manic Panic's RED PASSION, but that color is semi-permanent and I want something that's going to last at least 5-6 weeks.
Does anyone have an advice on where to find similar hair color that is permanent? Or do you think that if I mix some regular (store-bought, for example: L'Oreal's Feria or similar) red color, it would last longer?

Thank you!



Answer
are you looking for permanent or semi/demi permanent? If you're looking for permanent, Garnier, L'oreal and Clairol all make pretty good at home box dyes. I've provided a Garnier colour swatch below.
if you want a semi-permanent dye, or if you want to buy one and mix a little bit in with your conditioner (which is a good way to keep it from fading as fast), then Punky Colour makes a very pigmented red called 'Red Wine'.
For the best upkeep for red hair, I would use a colour safe shampoo. Seeing as shampoo strips the hair, you'll need something with no sulfates or Sodium Lareth Sulfate. A good shampoo for red-heads, ironically enough, is Redken. They make a shampoo called colour-extend (which I have), and it is very good quality. Avoid drugstore shampoos, because these contain a lot of silicone which means you'll have to use a strong cleansing shampoo to get rid of the build-up more often, which isn't good for red or any colour-treated hair.
You can purchase permanent hairdye at Walmart, Costco, CVS, Kroger, Ultah, Sally's, etc.
You can purchase Punky Colour @ Hot Topic, Sally's, etc. or online at Folica.com.

Hope this helps!

Should I get red streaks or red tips?




Saffron


I have dark brown hair and I'm going to use a red 'Splat' hair color box. I don't know if I should get red streaks or tips. And will it work out well considering my dark hair?


Answer
red tips. ONE red streak would look good (on the underneith of your hair -
http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/NOVEMBER/Natalie/stephpratt2.jpg )

but if your doing multiple streaks throughout your entire head like this
http://images1.43places.com/entry/378283pw150.jpg then i would not. having an unatural color like that (red, pink, blue, green) streaked throughout your hair doesn't look good in my opinion, but i'm all for the tips!
or you could try dying all the underneith portion of your hair the red color.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where to buy good quality red hair dye?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment