Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ghost shrimp vs red cherry shrimp?

Q. Which do you prefer and why?


Answer
Without a doubt I prefer Red cherry shrimp.

They are much brighter and prettier.

Cherry shrimp are great at eating and controlling different algae like hair algaes that the ghost shrimp does not feed off of.

So Cherry then is a more beautiful tank inhabitant that will help reduce algae in addition to cleaning up uneaten foods.



My favorite freshwater shrimp though is the blue tiger, though!!
http://www.blue-tiger-shrimp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/shrimp_attack_-005.jpg

Why is there so much algae in my tank(read details)?




hectorwong


I have a 20 gallon tank, 2 20 gallon filters, aquaclear/ mod top fin, planted tank, 2.8 watts per gallon, after one week all green. Even sometimes I get red hair algae hanging on the bottom of my filter where it waterfalls. I got 10 1 to 2 inch fishes there and change water every two weeks, feed a pinch or two once a day. Need solution other than using algae eating fish becasue they dont eat that much. Also some of my plants and gravel have a little algae on them.


Answer
There will be a certain amount of algae in a properly lighted tank. However you can control it. You need algae eating fish. I use plecostomus and Chinese algae eaters.
Limit the time your tank light is on and keep your tank out of direct sun light. Algae thrives on direct sun light.
Actually the presance of algae means you have a healthy tank because it takes nuetrients to grow it. You mention plants. Puting a lot of plants in your tank will also help as they will starve the algae for the nutrients. This web site is very informational.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ghost shrimp vs red cherry shrimp?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment