Saturday, February 15, 2014

Should I color my hair red?




Southern B


I'm thinking about coloring my hair like a Haliey Williams cherry red because I want to color my hair a fun color, but I don't know if I should because I have soft black colored hair and I have an olive skin tone and I have freckles splashed across my nose but people can't really see them in the winter.
I have dark chocolate brown colored eyes.
I meant hayley Williams.



Answer
Red is a really hard color to pull off but if you really want to do it get it done professionally please. There are two types of red hot red(orange-red) and cool red(blue/purple red) and hot red looks like clown hair on people with olive skin tones. All of the colors Hayley has in her hair are hot red colors and would clash terribly with your skin tone, she has pink toned skin so it looks fine on her. Like I said red is a really hard color to get right, so please have a professional do it for you.

Also because you have black hair they'll have to lift quite a bit of color to get your hair close to what she has, they'll probably have to do it over a period of a few days, just keep that in mind. Walk into the salon you choose before you get it done with a picture of Hayley how you like is as ask what the actual colorist thinks would be do able for your hair, the prices, time it would take, how much maintenance and up keep it will take, etc.

Hope this helps.

Dying over dyed red hair - which type of colour?




Hannah


A while ago I dyed, well, tried to dye, my medium brown hair an auburn colour. Didnt come out right at all - i ended up with rusty orange roots, while the rest of my hair just became slightly redder than before.
I'm getting really sick of it, so i decided to dye it my natural colour and just leave it alone. The thing is, which tone of colour should i use - ash, neutral or warm??
I've heard some people telling me that i should use ash because it will cancel out the orange, but then others told me to use neutral because otherwise it wull look muddy brown. I'm confused =/
Also, will the blotchiness show through the brown, or will it kind of even things out?



Answer
If your hair already has red in it, you need to use an ash dye, but no, your hair will not become "muddy", it will look more neutral. I think you should consider striping your hair, and then redyeing it, this will even out the color, and provide a blank canvas for you. If you do bleach it, then keep in mind that your hair is most likely porous, which means that your hair will absorb the color more, and come out one level darker. Don't use a box dye because the developers are too harsh, and the results are too unpredictable. Go to a beauty supply to buy your hair dye/bleach.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I color my hair red?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment