Sunday, February 9, 2014

Question about red hair?




-filisteen


Okay, I have dark brown hair, almost black. I'd really like red hair, like a dark red but not quite auburn. What skintone does red hair usually go with and what are some ways to get it red naturally, without henna? if there isn't any way, what kind of dye do you recommend?
cherry red.



Answer
well the only way to get super dark hair red without any chemicals is to lay out in the sun all the time every summer and the sun will lighten it, but not a whole lot, and it will turn more lighter brown than red from the sun. you have to dye it. you could use henna or you can use a store bought dye. this is a really pretty one my mom used once, it really looked great on her: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#page=top{nav|media:_blank|overlay:productdetail//objectid+HCo5_1//|diagnostic|main:brandpage:couleurexperte|userdata//d+d//}
it's a color and highlight kit in one. the base color is like a deep, reddish brown and the highlights are a beautiful rust color. they turned out really red on my mom though, but her hair is lighter than yours. red hair can look good on many skintones. really fair skin, tan skin or deep skin tones would all suit that color i showed you. there's always this one too: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#page=top{nav|media:_blank|overlay:productdetail//objectid+HCo5_6//|diagnostic|main:brandpage:couleurexperte|userdata//d+d//}
i think either would look great. good luck!

hair bleaching questions?




Kay


First of all please don't say "OMG BLEACHING YOUR HAIR IS SO BAD"

yes I know it is very damaging but if done properly your hair will not be as much damaged than expected. Part of my hair was bleached over II would say four times and to be honest the only damaged part were the tips. After a trim it practically was healthier than my natural hair. Just a little stringy or stretchy when I take a shower.

Anyways my part of my hair has been dyed red with a box dye previously. it was on for about 4 months and has faded down to a brownish red. I bleached it over and it turned out a bright red, sone spots were a copperish color.

question is, is there a way to get rid of the red while bleaching?
how many times will I have to bleach it to be a light blonde color?
ive asked my sallys but to be honest they don't know anymore than i do :/



Answer
Red is the hardest color to get out of your hair. Try using something from Sally's to strip the color from your hair first, ask the Sally's people which product they recommend. Then, (if you have only bleached over it once) Try a few more times, and always do a strand test first and remember to wait at least a week in between bleachings. (I had auburn in my hair and it took 1 harsh bleaching and 3 mild bleachings and 2 toners to get it to light blonde). Hopefully, your hair should get light enough to the point that you can use blonde hair dye over it or tone it to a normal blonde color. Now if these don't work, you definitely need to go to a salon. They have something called "color correction" which is what I had to get for my bleached hair. It's hair dye that is good for your hair, revives it, makes it healthy, and hold the color you want really well. It's pretty expensive, mine was like 60 bucks :/ But they're the only ones that can do it and I finally have healthy-feeling natural-looking blonde hair because of that stuff.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment