Monday, March 3, 2014

Brown hair to red hair?




alexandra


I have brown/dark brown hair, but I've always wanted orange or red hair. My mom won't let me dye my hair, so is there anyway of using natural remedies to make it red? I've heard of using lemon juice, does that work?


Answer
Yeah I don't think there any natural remedies for that :/ just try to convince her! I have tan skin, brown eyes, and long hair and I dyed my hair an auburn red and it looks great curled/straightened. If you like it and decide to dye your hair I use the box brand from Walgreens called Nutrisse and it's the auburn color. I use two boxes since I have really long hair. I hope this helps :)
1st pic: how it looks in normal light
2nd pic: how it looks in the sun
3rd pic: how it looks when it starts to wash away/curly.
I get compliments when it starts to fade and gets the red/brown color as well. Then i re-dye it.

Need genetic info of humans w/ red hair, brown eyes, and somewhat freckled yet tan-able skin?




Grant


I'm a man with red hair(specifically orange-brown hair), medium brown eyes, with skin that can tan but also lightly freckles.

I have a mostly constant skin tone with about 10% freckling of different shades. Most of the freckles on my skin are evenly distributed and light to medium brown in pigment, but the smaller percentage of the freckles on my skin have a dark brown pigment, are more randomly distributed, and are somewhat bigger in width than the lighter ones making them more noticeable. When I was a kid my skin wouldn't get sun burned like other red haired people but it would have to have more frequent exposure to the sun than other white people who could tan to be as tan as them. I'm not saying I tried to be tan in comparison to other people then I was just outside and exposed to the sun for at least 3 - 4 hours, on average. I only started to think about this a couple years ago. This is just retrospective analysis. Back then, though, I wouldn't get freckles. When I transitioned into a teenager my lifestyle reduced my exposure the sun to almost probably 1 hour a day and I was paler. I'm 25, the past 10 years my skin started to produce freckles much easier. Is this because of years of reduced sunlight somehow making the dynamics of my skin change when hit with adequate amounts of sunlight? I just want data on this genetic make up if anyone can give any?



Answer
The melanocortin-1-receptor gene (MC1-r) on the surface of melanocyte cells is important in converting the red pigment phomelanin to brown pigment melanin. If you are European and have red hair you probably have an allele of MC1-R that does not convert all the phomelanin. The ratio of red to brown pigment determines hair and skin coloration.

The gene SLC24A5 expresses the protein that determines the melanin density of the skin so different alleles of this gene impact skin color. The A variant allele is found in humans with less skin melanin.

The eye color genes EYCL-1, EYCL-2 & EYCL-3 determine melanin's local distribution in the iris and its background skin so influence eye color from this pigment.

Certain alleles of MC1-r are linked to fair skin and freckles.
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/MC1R
MC1R "Freckles" gene study
http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=73501

SLC24A5 research began in zebra fish that carry the A allele
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news/060201_zebrafish
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0002E7CA-F27B-13A1-AFAA83414B7FFE9F&sc=I100322
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6TCY-4KF780Y-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=c39582b9f961afc107a5a51137475ac5


SLC24A5, SLC45A2, TYRP1 and DCT genes express proteins that alter the quality of the melanin produced or impact the skin pigmentation levels.
http://hmg.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/R1/R9.full




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Brown hair to red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment