Tuesday, March 4, 2014

what color would look ok with red hair?




miss invis


i have naturally very red hair. it kinda has natural orange and blonde highlights.... i would really like to get an alternative color streak in it. i have no idea what would look good.
HELP... please?



Answer
I vote for you to go back to your gorgeous, natural red hair! I love red hair and to have NATURAL red hair is amazing.

I thought you were asking what colors would be great for you to wear with red hair, and that would be greens and mustard and even red red, but another streak color? Maybe kind of a caramel color?

Is it OK to color hair red or brown after doing caramel highlights?




Happy HBAC


I did highlights very beginning of July, and now wondering if I can color my hair. Will it look OK, or fade?
Someone told me the sun can fade it and that since I have highlights it may fade from that too. True or not?
I have naturally brown hair, and had virgin hair before the highlights.
So, should I go ahead and color it, or let it just grow out?

Any ideas or suggestions ?



Answer
Red fades the quickest so if that's a concern go with the brown, especially if you are mostly wanting to cover up the highlights.
I'm not a fan of DIY color so if you can have it done professionally it would be better. Maybe they can just go over the highlights by painting them if there aren't too many. Then you won't have the problem of the whole head fading as it will. Once you start coloring fading is bound to happen. Then no matter what color you go, even if it's your natural it will even without the sun. Using a haircolor protecting shampoo will help but not completely.
Using 10 volume peroxide/developer is better than the 20volume that comes in box color. 20volume is best used to lighten and it opens up the hair shaft more than its needed to just deposit color. It won't hold the color as well and is more damaging.
If the color isn't that bad or super heavy highlights I would just let it grow out or have them painted over and see if that holds better.
Once you start it's a never ending cycle and if you don't have the knowledge you can mess up your hair if you DIY. There are so many little things to know that make haircoloring more successful that the average person doesn't know.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what color would look ok with red hair?
Rating: 92% based on 976 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment